You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Gabriel Knight 3 Music

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #41
Dark Lord of the Swartz

First of all, Hi everybody this is my first post so I think it's fitting to start with a greeting

About Gk2 soundtrack, I have the soundtrack cd from The Gabriel Knight Mysteries cd, and I'm willing to share it if it's allowed on this board (Wouldn't want to get banned on my first post). About Gk3, As you probably know, there does not exist an official soundtrack, just tracks that can be ripped from the game. But as I'm fortunate to have a good old friend who is a bit of a music geek, I can brag about having a custom Gk3 soundtrack that he made 5 years ago by editing all the tracks into a number of themes from the game (can't remember how many, I have to dig up the cd from my archive first). But, I can tell you that it's simply wonderful what he has done with the ripped tracks, and I have listened to it often with delight (Now I really listen to it again .
So if anybody is interested I can share them on a torrent or something, if the moderators will allow me to post links here.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #42

Hi Silhouette
I know about the Gabriel Knight Mysteries CD (I found a mp3 rip of it on-line) but as you might know it is not a complete Soundtrack of that game, so I wonder whether someone has made a rip like the one you describe for GK3 of the missing parts.
I know that you are not allowed to link torrents and such for soundtracks in the forum (I saw a responce to an earlier request in this thread) (but I will pm you ).
Can you compare the tracks you have for GK3 with the list on page 2 of this thread?

Anyway thanks for your fast reply.... from a recently immigrated Dane (now living in California).
Old 08-24-2008, 10:56 PM   #43

GK 3 soundtrack request fulfilled by MDMaster Thanks mate!!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:14 PM   #44

I've been hunting a complete copy of this soundtrack for, honestly, years. Has anyone ever successfully finished compiling one?

Of is this just one of those dreams that will never come true?
Old 04-26-2012, 03:31 AM   #45
Life and times of...

There have been pretty extensive collections, but I'm not sure if anyone has got them all... It's such a difficult process to get the files from the game, then compile them into full songs.

If anyone here has a slightly larger collection, maybe they could share at least a list (and hopefully share some rarer files) and help with compiling an as extensive collection as possible?

Heh, I think this thread was how I originally found this site... I like how it keeps popping back every few years
Old 04-26-2012, 04:33 AM   #46

The GK3 soundtrack is a really weird monster. I managed to rip the mp3s from the game a while back but a LOT of it is short 10-15 second clips that get pieced together to get turned into longer themes.

Recently I started a project to document all the possible points in the game, as well as the significant variations. That kinda faded into the background (I only finished through the third time block of Day 1) but the whole Pinkerton Road thing has gotten me thinking about it again. And honestly, assembling a proper soundtrack would be pretty interesting to pull off too!

Recording the piecemeal tracks directly from the game would be by far the easiest method, but posting such a soundtrack directly might be against the rules around here. I might be able to put a script together that will compile the mp3s ripped from the game into a proper soundtrack (I'd of course include full instructions for how to do that) but that'd probably take significantly longer.

However it shakes out, I'm officially on the case! I love GK3's music and I suspect I want this to happen as anybody.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:56 AM   #47

I was very much in the same boat. Many many years ago I ripped everything myself from the game but never could figure out how to piece everything together.

Now I'm older, wiser, and without a PC (mac only). That said I'd be more than willing to contribute to a project like this as this, for me, is the holy grail (no pun intended) of game soundtracks.

I've seen a few people who claim to have nearly completed the task, and yet I've yet to actually find their work. The closest one I found was PRETTY good but was clipping all over the place (probably a botched transcode).

Regardless maybe this can help with the naming and piecing of things together?
http://gkpages.altervista.org/Music/Soundtrack_GK3.html

As you said the Pinkerton Road thing is what got me interested again. I'd donate more if the GKIII soundtrack was included in one of the tiers (hell I'm already going for the $50 tier almost exclusively for the GK novels).

Again. Willing to help any way that I can (even if its just hosting the darned thing)
Old 04-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #48

Hosting isn't really a big deal at the moment; first I want to get everything organized and documented, and I doubt I can post the whole thing properly here without getting banned anyway (I'll have to ask the mods if I get anywhere near finishing this). It's just going to be a beast assembling everything manually. For now, I just did a quick test to make sure I'm not completely crazy and I think I can pull it off! Here's a rough cut for the tune of the 2F hallway on Day 1.

The important thing I got from this test is that the game doesn't randomly pick the smaller mp3s -- in this area, it plays through 14 of them (6 total tracks, with repeats) in the same order before looping:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel in the Hallway
01 - ambient0004
02 - ambient0016
03 - ambient0034
04 - ambient0036
05 - ambient0016 (repeat)
06 - ambient0026
07 - ambient0043
08 - ambient0016 (repeat)
09 - ambient0034 (repeat)
10 - ambient0036 (repeat)
11 - ambient0026 (repeat)
12 - ambient0036 (repeat)
13 - ambient0034 (repeat)
14 - ambient0043 (repeat)
This is going to be interesting. If nothing else, I'm definitely gonna post all my findings for how to assemble these mini-tracks together.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #49
The Quiet One

I'm surprised a soundtrack wasn't put together for GOG's release...
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 04-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #50

I managed to get a zip of the unpacked files and I've mirrored it if anyone wants it to help with the combining task.

dont know if I can openly post it or not though so feel free to message me for a link.

Also came across an INCOMPLETE merged soundtrack (the author didn't include some of the shorter themes) if anyone is interested.

Last edited by woodsyallen; 05-01-2012 at 05:03 AM.