You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Gabriel Knight 3 Music

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2006, 03:57 AM   #21

Default thanks

hey,

thanks for posting that link to gk3 mp3s. sure brought back memories. burning a cd of them as i type this.

by the way i'm new here, so hello to everyone, looking forward to becomingv part of the community
Old 09-10-2006, 06:02 AM   #22
I create. Therefore I am.

Send a message via MSN to jannar85

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMaster
112 kbs not bad? It depends how you look at it, I re-ripped the whole soundtrack and compressed it at 320, it's already not such a good quality to start with, compressing will only make things worse.
I mean, it really depends on what quality they were saved in to make GK3. Didn't they use wav files, or am I totally lost? If that is the case, 112kbs might be as good as the quality they were made in.

Welcome req

Click the name, to join its Facebook Page!

My Games
Old 09-10-2006, 01:06 PM   #23
Evil Webmaster

I don't really get what Wav files have to do with 112 being a 'decent' quality, do you mean that wav being a horrible file type, it deserves nothing more than a mere 112kbps or what?

I don't know, still I can pretty much tell the difference between a wav file being compressed at 112 and one at 320.
So there you go
Old 09-10-2006, 02:37 PM   #24

Some guy just gave me the soundtrack. I'll give it a listen now.
Am I allowed to post it here?

Last edited by Reflection; 09-10-2006 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:03 AM   #25
Evil Webmaster

I made a whole new rip of the soundtrack, along with any bonus tracks I wanted to add (like the Trailer theme), anybody who's interested can just PM me. I see no harm in that anyway, there's no commercial soundtrack available, and the developers have disbanded a long time ago.
So there you go
Old 09-11-2006, 05:14 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMaster
I made a whole new rip of the soundtrack, along with any bonus tracks I wanted to add (like the Trailer theme), anybody who's interested can just PM me. I see no harm in that anyway, there's no commercial soundtrack available, and the developers have disbanded a long time ago.
These are the tracks I have. If I don't have the ones you have can you upload them for me?
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2006, 05:43 AM   #27
I create. Therefore I am.

Send a message via MSN to jannar85

That track list makes me drool

Click the name, to join its Facebook Page!

My Games
Old 09-11-2006, 06:49 AM   #28
Evil Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflection
These are the tracks I have. If I don't have the ones you have can you upload them for me?
It would be a bit difficult, cause if this is my rip... then ok, but if this is the other guy's rip, then we re-recorded the whole thing and changed many things, while keeping the same titles

Anyway the bonus tracks we made are: 'killing unicorn' (taken from the video), 'We Have a New Case (Strings)' (which is the same things as we have a new case but with... strings!) and 'Old Gk3 Theme', which is a demo made by Robert Holmes of an alternative theme for Gabriel Knight 3.

We also added the Gk3 Trailer Theme from the Gabriel Knight Mysteries Cd.
So there you go
Old 09-11-2006, 08:02 AM   #29
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflection
Am I allowed to post it here?
I appreciate your asking, but you could have waited for an answer before posting it.

Please don't link to ripped game soundtracks on the Forums. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:17 PM   #30
The Quiet One

Could someone please give me the right link for GAP so i can extract the music for GK3? Google comes up with a number of results but i'm not sure what i'm looking for or which is the right one.

Thanks
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-21-2007, 01:45 AM   #31
The Quiet One

Anyone?

The link on the first page doesn't work anymore. Using the console in the game is confusing and tedious and i don't know which tracks are full audio or which are ambient sounds etc. I need some sort of tool to extract the music somehow without resulting to downloading it.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-22-2007, 12:17 PM   #32

Yeah, I have the same request.
If anybody has this tool somewhere on his/her harddrive, could he/she upload it, please?

This would be a good place for an upload.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:58 AM   #33
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

Folks, the best way to get the music is by using the ingame command to extract the files. Recording them and repacking will make them sound terrible as they're already compressed, and splicing the GAP is a helluva lot of work for no gain.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:51 AM   #34
The Quiet One

Thanks for replying. If the console is the only way to go, could someone supply us a list or something saying which tracks are worth extracting and possibly what order they appear in the game? So far i've only extracted the THEME music but i'm not sure which ones are full audio tracks, ambient sounds, voices or samples of full tracks. From what i've read in the previous posts there's something like 40-50 full audio tracks isn't there? But there's loads and loads of WAV files that can be extracted.

Thanks
Old 07-24-2007, 07:25 PM   #35
Thats the ticket

Gabriel Knight 1 soundtrack is much more memorable

That said, cheers for the GK3 links
Old 08-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222 View Post
Start GK3, wait for the intro to end, press Control + Shift + ~ (or some other key next to or near the backspace button, it kind of depends on the layout of your keyboard - in my keyboard it's the one next to backspace), and a console should open. Type Extract and press space, then press enter. A file called !!!Readme.txt has appeared in the GK3 folder. Open it, and start exploring, you should find the music files eventually (they are mp3's).

There was once a list of all the music files in the Sidney website. Does anyone still have the list?
Well, I tried out this method, but it didn't work for me!
I found the console. It was a bit tricky with a german keyboard.
I typed "Extract" und pressed Space. Then it was changed to "Extract ("","")".
In the top line I could read "Extract (string fileSpec, string outputPath)".

I have no clue what I should put in there. I put in a path between the last two quotation marks where the game could extract the files. But I don't know what I should put between the first two!?
And it doesn't work with nothing either.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #37
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

First you just type "Extract" and press space, and then press enter. You should get the !!!Readme.txt file in your GK3 folder.

Search for the files in !!!Readme.txt. The name of the file there is what you put BEFORE the comma. AFTER the comma you put WHERE you want that file.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:47 AM   #38

Send a message via ICQ to Spikey Send a message via AIM to Spikey Send a message via MSN to Spikey

GAP can be found linked to on my forums.

Also, if anyone's interested, I run the Sierra music website Sierra Music Central and have been in contact with the GK3 composer, David Henry. He's been very generous in sending me music from the games he composed for (or information about 'em), and with GK3, it's been GK3 spliced tracks, where he sort of expanded the themes that are in-game (some had to be composed short to loop and not take up so much space), plus more music (I don't know for certain what he's sent me since I haven't played past the first game). I even did a brief interview with him about it.

When I get around to playing GK3, I'll make the files available. Shouldn't be too far away. Don't ask for them just yet (although feel free to start the ball rolling on my forums), but you can certainly use GAP in the meantime.

Funnily enough, GK1 was the first soundtrack I ever recorded and made available.

- Spike

Last edited by Spikey; 08-09-2007 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:26 AM   #39

I found GAP and it worked.

But I couldn't extract the audio files per console in GK3.
I don't get the !!!Readme.txt. Nothing happens.
Maybe it's dependant on the localized version? Or the version of the game?
Well, at least I have the Montreaux Study track in better quality now...
Old 08-20-2008, 12:22 PM   #40

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was wondering whether someone here can help me out with a copy of both the complete soundtrack for Gabriel Knight 2 and 3 (including tracks from the video sequences). I do know how to extract music and video from GK3 but I don't know exactly which bits go together as which tracks etc.