You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Need help to know what to do about Telltale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #1

Default Need help to know what to do about Telltale

I pre-purchased the MI series and when I got the first download I found it didn't work on my computer. I updated all the drivers and it still didn't work. I bought a driver program, used it and the game still wouldn't play. So I wrote to Telltale about this and got a reply from Scott.

Date: 8/10/2009 9:46:09 PM

Subject: Re: Monkey Island problem [issue-19862]

Hello ,

That video card may be a little outdated to work properly. I would try updating it's drivers along with your sound card drivers and directx and see if that helps. If not let me know. and I can get a refund put through. Let me know. Thanks,

Sincerely,
Scott
Telltale Support

Since this message, nobody at Telltale will respond to my inquiries about a refund. I just don't know what to do. Is it possible that they have issued the game much too early and the problems are putting them out of business?

Can anyone give me a clue as to how to get Telltale to honor their word?

Thanks for any help.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #2

Hello,

Telltale's support team is usually pretty quick in issuing proper service. My best bet would be to ask again for a refund; perhaps your previous email didn't get through for some reason.

If I may offer some advice, always make sure your PC meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements for any specific game you want to purchase. If you're unsure about a particular component, like say, the graphics card, then ask around in the 'Hint Requests and Technical Problems' forum section.

Best of luck to you, and happy gaming!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #3
fov
Rattenmonster

I forwarded this thread to someone at Telltale who should be able to help. Their support staffing has been a little iffy this summer due to a few people who used to handle it leaving the company (myself included ) and my guess is that it just slipped through the cracks. (The way the support ticket system works, your new emails get attached to the original ticket, so if that ticket is assigned to someone who is no longer handling support, your subsequent emails may not have been seen.)

EDIT: I heard back from Telltale that they figured out what the problem was and you should have received an email this morning. If not, send me a PM and I'll put you in touch with someone over there directly.