You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure A game like the Longest Journey? (Don't say Dreamfall please!)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamegirl View Post
No you're definitely not the only one, I loved that game.

If you have a strong enough computer and don't mind action as well you could try Mass Effect. I really loved that game and the sequel is coming out next year.
I couldn't recommend Mass Effect enough to gamers who like great storytelling. Yes it's an RPG and it has shooter elements, but if you like adventure games (and sci-fi) you have to play Mass Effect. The story is amongst the best ever written for a game, the dialog is outstanding and incredibly well acted, and the game is just brilliant all around.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #22
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin The Third View Post
I couldn't recommend Mass Effect enough to gamers who like great storytelling. Yes it's an RPG and it has shooter elements, but if you like adventure games (and sci-fi) you have to play Mass Effect. The story is amongst the best ever written for a game, the dialog is outstanding and incredibly well acted, and the game is just brilliant all around.
I almost wanna call it a kind of adventure game but with RPG elements thrown in. The story theme is amazing (as geeky and profound as it gets; remember when we found out what exactly happened to the Protheans? I was teary eyed then), the characters so humanly memorable, and the narrative rich and deep. It's such a huge shame many of you adventure gamers will never play it.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-13-2009, 03:37 AM   #23

Mass Effect is indeed very good, and i recomend everyone to play it. However if you like ME please try Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR), its also from Bioware, and in my opinion is a lot better than ME. ME is essencialy a refined KOTOR, but in my view they over simplified their usual formula (all bioware games share the same basic mechanics) and that shows when you play it. The characters and their relations, as well as the narrative are a lot better in KOTOR. And if you like KOTOR, also try KOTOR 2 from Obsidian.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:17 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post

I almost wanna call it a kind of adventure game but with RPG elements thrown in. The story theme is amazing (as geeky and profound as it gets; remember when we found out what exactly happened to the Protheans? I was teary eyed then), the characters so humanly memorable, and the narrative rich and deep. It's such a huge shame many of you adventure gamers will never play it.
I must say it looks very good indeed.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #25

Yeah, Mass Effect is awesome. I have higher expectations for ME 2 though, just so many things in the first one that could have been tweaked to give a much more quality experience.

Don't even bother with the "sidequests".....
Old 08-13-2009, 11:32 AM   #26
She Wants Revenge

Oh crap, my spouse has bought Mass Effect to our Xbox but I always just thought it was one of those regular shoot-them-ups. Do I need to play it now damnit! I don't have the time.

I also enjoyed Dreamfall a lot. If they removed some of the silly action, or at least improved it, I would have considered it equal to TLJ, which is absolute 5/5 in my book.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:42 PM   #27

What about Indigo Prophecy? TLJ is my favorite adventure game and I loved Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit).