You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure adventure game I can't remember the title of!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #1

Default adventure game I can't remember the title of!

Hi! Im new Here, and was wondering if someone would be able to help me out! I just recently remembered this game from my past that's somewhat older, i played it when i was younger. Anyway, the game starts out at a carnival, where you have to shoot at these targets to win a prize. well somehow you get magically transformed into this doll thing and you get washed up on an island. I remember Island at least being in the title (maybe lol). But Any and all help would be fantastic!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #2
Psychonaut

It was an edutainment title from 1992.

The Secret Island of Dr. Quandary

http://www.mobygames.com/game/secret...of-dr-quandary
Old 08-03-2009, 12:53 PM   #3

OH man yes!
thank yoU!
Old 08-10-2009, 03:03 AM   #4
Stalker of Britain

Aww, I remember playing this in school, along with things like Oregon Trail, a fish game, and one about a museum.

I really liked this game.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 08-10-2009, 09:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Aww, I remember playing this in school, along with things like Oregon Trail, a fish game, and one about a museum.
I think the fish game might be Odell Down Under, and the museum one might be Museum Madness.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
Stalker of Britain

OMG! That was exactly what it was! Thanks a lot! It brings back lots of memories. If only I could get that and an old Comodore 64 game, "Rags to Riches" to run on Dosbox...
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 08-13-2009, 04:01 AM   #7
UnseenUniversity Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
OMG! That was exactly what it was! Thanks a lot! It brings back lots of memories. If only I could get that and an old Comodore 64 game, "Rags to Riches" to run on Dosbox...
Have you tried a C64 emulator? Thats the way I've done it...I put them on my DS too, except some won't run. One day I will finish Murder on the Missippi (sp). We still have the old C64 too...
Old 08-13-2009, 04:51 AM   #8
Stalker of Britain

Yes, I've tried, but I really hate having to type in commands, and the "Rags to Riches" one won't work correctly. I can't configure the controls to make him move, etc. I tried the settings, and I tried using my keyboard (which is how I want to control it), but it won't work, and I have no idea how to move him around.