You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Need help IDing adventure games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #1

Default Need help IDing adventure games.

I remember 2 graphic adventure games from my childhood but can't remember their names, any help would be thankful; its driving me mad.

The first one starts you off as some treasure hunter or something and the pilot crashes the plane and the first puzzle is you have to balance the plane with a crate. Then you were this french girl facing off with another french girl and she had a gun and you had to react by slamming her face with the pan.

The second one was about a murderer wearing a rat like mask, the intro was two people making love and then the murderer shows up and cuts off their heads. You were a detective and there was something about a painting turning better each time you helped someone. The first part you started in was a hotel.

Again thank you for your help.

Last edited by FrankHorrigan; 08-10-2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: remebered something
Old 08-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
Stalker of Britain

The second game is "Post Mortem".

http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,199
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 08-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
Hopeful skeptic

And the first is Broken Sword 3.

Welcome to AG, by the way.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:44 AM   #4

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHorrigan View Post
The first one starts you off as some treasure hunter or something and the pilot crashes the plane and the first puzzle is you have to balance the plane with a crate. Then you were this french girl facing off with another french girl and she had a gun and you had to react by slamming her face with the pan.
Errr.... How long ago was your childhood?
Old 08-11-2009, 06:23 AM   #5

Thanks for the quick reply and thank you. I will check out these games soon.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #6

Glad you enjoyed Broken Sword 3 so much. You don't hear that many peaple around here that enjoyed that wonderful game. May I advise you to play Broken Sword 1 and 2 as well. Broken Sword 3 can very well stand on its own but I think you'll enjoy replaying it even more if you've played the other ones as well. Also there's a Broken Sword 4 but I wouldn't give it a try and if you do don't expect to much of it.

By the by how do you define childhood ? I mean if you were really a kid back in 2003 when BS3 was first released or maybe even later then you must be in you're early teens right now at best. Then again if you register everything between 12 and 18 also under childhood then that would make you a lot older

Just curious
Old 08-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #7
UnseenUniversity Graduate

Awww, I finally knew one (Postmortem) and everyone got there first....ah well. Must go back and finish that one day!
Old 08-11-2009, 01:47 PM   #8

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray pierce View Post
By the by how do you define childhood ? I mean if you were really a kid back in 2003 when BS3 was first released or maybe even later then you must be in you're early teens right now at best. Then again if you register everything between 12 and 18 also under childhood then that would make you a lot older

Just curious
I mean how long was it since you played those games? At least originally.

To me it doesn't seem long ago since BS 3 was released... Maybe that's just a side effect of getting older, though.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #9

While we're at it I've got one too....When I was in Middle School there was a game that I believe I played on the Macs in the computer lab sometime between 1988-1990 (though the game might have been a little older). Your character was locked in a Museum at night and had to interact with characters from throughout history (seems like I recall Napoleon being in there). There were some dangerous rooms/encounters as well. Yes, the game was basically like the movie Night at the Museum but came about 20 years before the movie and no, I am not confusing it with Maniac Mansion. I'm guessing this should be a fairly easy one to id...
Old 08-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #10
Stalker of Britain

Not sure if it's it, but could it be Museum Madness? I played that when I was in elementary school in the school lab.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 08-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Not sure if it's it, but could it be Museum Madness? I played that when I was in elementary school in the school lab.
Great guess but not quite it. The game was even older...visually I see to recall it being less impressive than Maniac Mansion, much less a more "recent" game like Museum Madness.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:54 AM   #12
UnseenUniversity Graduate

The only locked in Museum game I can think of is Dagger of Amon Ra...but I don't remember Napoleon...