You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Many Blonde questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2009, 04:22 AM   #1
Adventurer

Default Many Blonde questions

I'm a Canadian studying in Germany and have a few questions regarding the English/ German versions of So Blonde

1. Is So Blonde originally an English game or a German one? I know it was written by Steve Ince but where was it developed?

2. Which version is better or our they equally good?

3. Is So Blonde available for retail in Canada/US or is it just download? And for how much about?

4. Does the German version of So Blonde also contain the English version (this was the case with the MAC version of A Vampyre Story) or is it only in German?

I'm trying to determine if it's wise to drop the €20 for the German version or if I should play in English. I'd like to play the game in its 'best version'. I have been having too much fun searching out german games for 'language practise'.

Thanks,
William

EDIT: I am also interested in knowing the answer to all 4 questions about Ceville as well. Is it worth playing or getting?

Last edited by WRMW; 07-23-2009 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Added Ceville questions
Old 07-23-2009, 07:52 AM   #2

So Blonde was developed by Wizarbox and I believe it's a German studio. I'm not sure though.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:11 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Wizarbox is a French studio, but the game was initially released in German. Of course, being Steve Ince English, I reckon that the original script is in English too.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 07-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRMW View Post
I'm a Canadian studying in Germany and have a few questions regarding the English/ German versions of So Blonde.
Quote:
Which version is better or our they equally good?
Judge for yourself. You can download demos of both the English and German video right here.

Quote:
Is So Blonde available for retail in Canada/US or is it just download? And for how much about?
By the looks of Amazon.com it appears there's only the UK version available however seeing as PC games don't have region locks, and the companies selling them are in the US, it shouldn't make a difference.

Of course, if you want the English version, probably cheaper/ easier to order from Amazon.co.uk/ Play.co.uk.

Quote:
I'm trying to determine if it's wise to drop the €20 for the German version or if I should play in English. I'd like to play the game in its 'best version'. I have been having too much fun searching out german games for 'language practise'.
Well, the demos should be enough to tip you on one or the other side of the scales.

Last edited by Melanie68; 07-23-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Fixed the first quote tag
Old 07-24-2009, 03:23 AM   #5
Adventurer

I hate to be difficult, but I have no PC that I can try out the two versions. I only have internet at the University where I'm currently studying.
I certainly welcome anyone's [highly subjective] opinion on the matter.

How about with Ceville? Any ideas on which version is better?
Old 07-24-2009, 05:39 AM   #6
Writer-Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRMW View Post
I certainly welcome anyone's [highly subjective] opinion on the matter.
I highly subjectively think the English version is better.

But the French and German versions got good reviews, too.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:47 AM   #7

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ince View Post
I highly subjectively think the English version is better.

But the French and German versions got good reviews, too.
how subjective's his Oppinion? I mean I'm not saying that it isn't subjective.. But one would assume it's less subjective than that of the average player... I assume he favours the English one because it's closer to how he imagined the game.