You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Which company was the 3rd best adventure game creators?

View Poll Results: Which company was the 3rd best?
Westwood (The Legend of Kyrandia, Blade Runner) 5 15.15%
Revolution Software (Lure of the Temptress, Beneath a Steel Sky, Broken Sword) 16 48.48%
Electronic Arts (Sherlock Holmes) 2 6.06%
Microprose (Rex Nebular, Return of the Phantom, Dragonsphere 1 3.03%
Infogrames (Eternam, Shadow of the Comet, Prisoner of Ice) 1 3.03%
Cyberdreams (Darkseed, I have no mouth and I must scream, Noir: A Shadowy Thriller) 1 3.03%
Access Software (Tex Murphy) 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2009, 11:48 PM   #21
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Probably Infogrames. The original Alone in the Dark games were really something different. The Cthulhu series was also neat.

What about Coktel Vision (another French company)? They've produced a great number of top quality stuff. I know they've been acquired by Sierra later on, but they still were pretty much its own thing.

And KHEOPS too - the best adventure game developers of this century so far. Or is it too new to be great?

EDIT: Also Cyan, Access and Legend definitely should be amongst the best, but Microprose and Electronic Arts are in the poll by mistake

Last edited by Ascovel; 06-18-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:08 AM   #22
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Brøderbund must be top of this list too.(In the 1st Degree, The Last Express,Myst,Riven,The Journeyman Project Trilogy,The Manhole.The Mask of the Sun..)
This. Otherwise, Cyan. I'm a big Presto Studios fan too, but Cyan tops them. But yeah, in the 90s, Broderbund was definitely my publisher of choice.