You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure just finished still life 2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2009, 08:08 AM   #21
She Wants Revenge

The game had several places where you could achieve the same things with alternate means, like getting into the lower level of basement and freeing Paloma. Won't go into more detail so I won't spoil too much.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:34 AM   #22
scapegoat sculptor

No, SPOIL it!!!

That's why I am asking in this threat called 'just FINISHED Still life 2' where (at least) most of us already did!

Anyway I am interested in this particular keypad - coz I used to reload and replay several alternatives in the game - however still had no use for it - and that's exactly what I am interested in - an alternative where u actually used this keypad.

beyond that I would like to know what u might think about the second spoiler I wrote about in post #17

feel free to write anything you want - just make sure to put vital information inside SPOILER tags...

Last edited by Tramponline; 05-20-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #23
scapegoat sculptor

or another example:

If you have a freaking suitcase full of futuristic forensic gadgets, where you almost expect the scanner device to jump out and transform into a tapdancing robot while whisteling 'don't fear the reaper' - why not go through with it - all the way!

Spoiler:
while standing in the living room looking at the metal food tray Vic's only comment is that '[...] it reeks of the chemical cleansers the killer uses - I won't find any fingerprints on it.' - I mean JESUS!!! If I HAVE all those gadgets anyway, maybe I want to know what those chemicals are, where to get them...etc. - don't you think?

Anything else? Just random stuff which seemed odd to you or out of place?

Last edited by Tramponline; 05-20-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramponline View Post
or another example:

If you have a freaking suitcase full of futuristic forensic gadgets, where you almost expect the scanner device to jump out, transform into a tapdancing robot while whisteling 'don't fear the reaper' - why not go through with it - all the way!

Spoiler:
while standing in the living room looking at the metal food tray Vic's only comment is that '[...] it reeks of the chemical cleansers the killer uses - I won't find any fingerprints on it.' - I mean JESUS!!! If I HAVE all those gadgets anyway, maybe I want to know what those chemicals are, where to get them...etc. - don't you think?

Anything else? Just random stuff which seemed odd to you or out of place?
Yes, there were some occasions that Vic's decisions didn't make sense.
However that particular you mention it's not... I think.
Spoiler:
Why would she need to know what product he used to clean the tray? I guess in real life you would check for fingerprints anyway though.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #25
scapegoat sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keregioz View Post
Yes, there were some occasions that Vic's decisions didn't make sense.
However that particular you mention it's not... I think.
Spoiler:
Why would she need to know what product he used to clean the tray? I guess in real life you would check for fingerprints anyway though.
Well, actually I was thinking in lines of reality as well as story enhancement:

Spoiler:
the more rare or specific a chemical substance is (for example substances that destroy the molecular structure of blood/ DNA) the easier it is to know where it comes from - the source. Ergo the easier it is to know who bought it or obtained it from this source - or (at least) where this substance is frequently used - thus learning more about the the backround of a suspect using it. In case of Still Life 2 it might be the FBI or the military - don't you think?

Last edited by Tramponline; 05-20-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #26

Quote:
Well, actually I was thinking in lines of reality as well as story enhancement:

Spoiler:
the more rare or specific a chemical substance is (for example substances that destroy the molecular structure of blood/ DNA) the easier it is to know where it comes from - the source. Ergo the easier it is to know who bought it or obtained it from this source - or where this substance is frequently used - thus learning more about the the backround of a suspect using it. In case of Still Life 2 it might be the FBI or the military - don't you think?

Well, maybe in real life (or maybe not, I'm not familiar with these procedures) but in the game it would be a little far fetched.
Spoiler:
Personally, I assumed that since she recognized the smell without doing an analysis it meant that it would be a pretty common chemical cleanser, like chlorine.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:38 AM   #27
scapegoat sculptor

I was afraid my term of reality was a bit misleading here - I know after all we're talking about a game

What I was more refering to was a dense dramaturgical structure of narration.

Quote:
Well, maybe in real life (or maybe not, I'm not familiar with these procedures) but in the game it would be a little far fetched.
Spoiler:
Personally, I assumed that since she recognized the smell without doing an analysis it meant that it would be a pretty common chemical cleanser, like chlorine.
Good point indeed!
It's just that the substance's origin would have been a really subtle and unobtrusive way of conveying information about the killer's portrait...'thickening the plot' if you will.

Last edited by Tramponline; 05-20-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #28

Quote:
Good point indeed!
It's just that the substance's origin would have been a really subtle and unobtrusive way of conveying information about the killer's portrait...'thickening the plot' if you will.
Spoiler:
It would be interesting if they chose to be able to get useful information to find the identity of the killer from the chemical in the tray. However the explanation they decided to give also makes sense so while it may be a wasted opportunity to "tinker the plot", as you say, I didn't find it "odd" or illogical that Vic decided not to analyze the tray.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #29

So I just finished the game too...turns out most of the game's problems appeared in the end. I did encounter another annoying bug for which I had to download a save game. Also, I think the developers went a little overboard with the timed puzzles near the end...it took a lot of the fun from the game for me personally...
Old 05-20-2009, 11:25 PM   #30

Quote:
Still wondering about this one. Has no one of you used this one anywhere else other than from where you actually got it???
It seems when you get the keypad out, you actually disable the trap for some reason.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:53 AM   #31
scapegoat sculptor

cheers Atombomb2097 - OF COURSE!!!
totally forgot that there actually was a trap to tinker with in the first place!!!
Kind of like I almost instantly forgot where I put the darn light bulb after using it!!!
However you're right
Spoiler:
disarming a trap by taking out the keypad seems a bit on the odd side.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:07 AM   #32
scapegoat sculptor

Quote:
So I just finished the game too...turns out most of the game's problems appeared in the end. I did encounter another annoying bug for which I had to download a save game. Also, I think the developers went a little overboard with the timed puzzles near the end...it took a lot of the fun from the game for me personally...
Yep, the cumulating timed sequences near the end I didn't like either. I have to admit I kind of 'cheated' them. Inside the bunker when you stumble upon a timed sequence I would reload and do everything in terms of preparation before the actual scene. Thus inventorywise I had all the stuff I needed in advance. Then it was just a question of very few actions to perform to end those sequences.

Last edited by Tramponline; 05-21-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:32 AM   #33

ha ha bit of a cheat here too. i used a walkthrough after the first few times of watching vic die and my game crashing lol
Old 05-21-2009, 11:11 AM   #34
Strategy Guide Author

Sorry for the likely dumb question but, the other thread says it was released in Germany.. is this in English? Where can you buy it if it is?
Old 05-21-2009, 11:36 AM   #35
scapegoat sculptor

yep it's in English...

I think you can get it throught links on their official website

I got mine as a press copy to write a review on the game for a local radio station.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #36
Strategy Guide Author

Ah okay thanks! I might go ahead and download it.

Last edited by Phod; 05-21-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:54 AM   #37

Send a message via MSN to armaniangel

oo so is this game worth buyin!? was gonna buy it once i complete cameron files x
Old 05-24-2009, 06:14 AM   #38
scapegoat sculptor

Hey armaniangel,

personally I can say I really enjoyed the game as an adventure game on it's own. It was a nice thriller-sleuth gaming experience.

However regarding atmosphere and exceedingly gripping narrational structur imho it is certainly not as mature, as 'dark' and just not as absorbing as the first part of the Still Life-series - which even might be considered a classic though.

Nevertheless Still Life 2 contains straightforward logical puzzles and a suspensfull story and I didn't find myself ever beeing bored while playing the game.

Give it a shot and maybe you want to download the demo first to form your own opinion - it grants you a fairly good insight into the game's dynamics.
Enjoy!

Last edited by Tramponline; 05-24-2009 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:03 AM   #39

Finally I'm also playing Still Life 2. I'm using walkthrough all the way because I don't really think that I would've figured like 90% of the things I need to do there by myself lol.

Anyways it's an ok game so far but the only problem with it is that I got tired with the locations pretty fast and the single location takes too long to explore, collect items etc (even using walkthrough).

Also they didnt add enough backstory on the first game because by now I already forgot all the characters from the first game and so the fact that
Spoiler:
Richard is the killer from the first game meant really nothing to me and I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

Last edited by QDream; 05-24-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:53 AM   #40
scapegoat sculptor

Hehehe! Hey, QDream maybe you wanne put you last sentence in spoiler tags too - it's kind of suggestive, don't you think

I have to admit I had a quite simlar feeling concerning the 'location' - it wears out in a way - however I think that's in parts at least directly related to the tedious animation of the protagonists.
The 'incubation period' from clicking to actual movement is irritating - such is the opening and closing animation (someone else already mentioned that)
Spoiler:
at the bloody vault entrance

Last edited by Tramponline; 05-24-2009 at 09:10 AM.