You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Monkey Island 5???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #21

Send a message via ICQ to Jadefalcon Send a message via MSN to Jadefalcon

Sod just revamping it for the Wii, maybe they could tidy up the graphics of the first two for a PC rerelease as well.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:06 AM   #22

I say let it die. The fourth wasn't as good as the rest so i seriously doubt they can make something worthwile. I mean is anyone from those days even still working at LucasArts? It will forever remain one of the best AG series of all time, why ruin it with a new crappy game?
Old 03-20-2009, 07:43 AM   #23

Send a message via ICQ to Jadefalcon Send a message via MSN to Jadefalcon

From what I understand, Lucasarts were planning a new Full Throttle game at one point, but it wasn't even going to be an adventure, more of an arcade game. This is what would probably happen to any future MI title as well.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:14 AM   #24

Ron Gilbert, one of the original creators of Monkey Island, said in this interview (http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6153188/p-2.html) that he would love to make another game to complete the series, and finally tell us what the secret is.
Unfortunately, that probably won't happen under Lucas Arts... at least until 2012, as mentioned by a Lucas arts executive in this interview (http://g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/vide...rts-at-E3.html).
I hope that Lucas Arts lets someone do something with it before then, based on MI4 I doubt they can be trusted.
My personal dream involves Tim Shafer bursting into the Lucas Arts Offices 'o doom and betting the IP on the outcome of a street fight between himself, and whoever thought it would be a good idea to take away insult sword fighting. He wins, and exits the building and is carried off on the shoulders of the children he released from the Star Wars sweatshops as the credits roll.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:52 AM   #25
kamikaze hummingbirds

They should have insult swordfighting for the IP.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:27 PM   #26

I was thinking of doing a petition to make lucasarts go back to the classic franachines like Monkey Island but I need a bit on catching up on info here...Does lucasarts have the rights to this stuff or does it have to get made by vidini?

I have a theroy that Monkey Island might be part of the wiiware it was mentioned in this interview of Dave grossman
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/wa...ew-1528-3.html

but to get back onto the subject of "Monkey island 5"... I think it should happen but however I just hope it doesnt end up like how the new Banjo-kazooie game turned out. Alot of people were not pleased by that.

Last edited by OriginalGagBonkers; 03-21-2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: I didnt want to have this post of me going off topic.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:02 PM   #27
Super Moderator

As Emily said over at Telltale, they are not making Monkey Island 5 (she works there, she knows).

Yes, it's Lucas Arts' stuff (license-wise).

And welcome to AG.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #28

Ah that sloves everything....
Old 03-21-2009, 06:17 PM   #29
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalGagBonkers View Post
Ah that sloves everything....
Did you happen to hear about this?
Old 03-21-2009, 06:40 PM   #30

Holy smokes, that look awesome.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #31

Thank you Fantasysci5 for your welcome. Also thank you for all others who commented and replied. I am reading every single reply to get the most knowledge i can about the on going reasons for not making Monkey island series

Last edited by ali akbar; 03-26-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:06 PM   #32

Thanks Brimstone for your answer. What did they do to Vivendi Universal?

I agree with alot of things you said. I think about you mentioning Le chuck is also very true but if you look carefull at the end of monkey island 4 ending , le chuck flies away after the explosion. you see him for 1 second. I dont want to sad like a crazy guy paying every little detail or creatign a count down for monkey island 5. This was spotted by someone and made me look at it. I think with games tou can create anything putting Le chuck back in the game shouldnt be too much of a problem. I think its more about interest and what their company is proud of currently as we all know and you have stated clearly is Star Wars. If Ron Gilbert put Monkey Island in his name or took all SCUMM rights, it wouldve have been a different story. I have seen some videos of some spanish game creators using SCUMM and making a game of their own. Ver interesting. This is video of M.I 4 ending http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnjZl...om=PL&index=77
Old 03-26-2009, 07:23 PM   #33

I must have blinked when I last played the game but he doesn't actually "fly" away. More like he was blown into space. Yeah it'll be Techno LeChuck... just kidding. Either way, I wouldn't mind seeing what they can come up with. I just feel it's highly unlikely that LucasArts will sign over the project to let anyone else have a crack at it.

As for Vivendi Universal, you should try and do a search for it. I don't think you'll find much. Every site that VU had has been redirected to Activision's main site.

"Bring back the Sacred Diamond of the Old Sage of the Mountain and he will give you the magic talisman. Oh man. What am I in a video game?" - Tyler Miles
Old 03-28-2009, 05:19 AM   #34

Default Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
I must have blinked when I last played the game but he doesn't actually "fly" away. More like he was blown into space. Yeah it'll be Techno LeChuck... just kidding. Either way, I wouldn't mind seeing what they can come up with. I just feel it's highly unlikely that LucasArts will sign over the project to let anyone else have a crack at it.

As for Vivendi Universal, you should try and do a search for it. I don't think you'll find much. Every site that VU had has been redirected to Activision's main site.
lol@tecno leChuck. That would be hilarious!!!
I defo will do research on Viendi Universal. What is te best game you have played if comparing to monkey Island 3???
mine has to be without any single doubt Broken Sword by Revolution.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #35

I think the only way they could make a decent MI5 was if they brought in a new nemesis for Guybrush to deal with, possibly even le chuck is scared of him and they team up lol.

Seriously though I would love to play another MI so long as it was in the same style as MI3.

Also stupid question but has MI2 got voice acting lol? I've only played 3 and 4.
Click Here to view screenshots
Old 03-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #36
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Skeng View Post
Also stupid question but has MI2 got voice acting lol? I've only played 3 and 4.
No, it doesn't.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:36 PM   #37
Hol
3D artist

No, MI1 and 2 only have text-based speech. Don't let that put you off though, they're well worth playing ^_^
Old 03-29-2009, 02:41 PM   #38

Ah shame, lol thanks I'm going to get hold of it soon for scummvm
Click Here to view screenshots
Old 03-31-2009, 09:37 PM   #39

Let it die.

Just.... let it die.

Or rather, just let it go, and move on.

MI's remains are long-buried and heavily decomposed, so encouraging the creative vacuum which is LucasArts nowadays to dig up what's left, just so they can sexually abuse the tattered remnants of its rotting corpse, is just plain Wrong.

Let it rest in peace. Seriously.