You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2009, 09:39 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to therabidfrog
Default The Sacred Amulet

Any one play this game? I found it at the bottom of a stack of some of my PC games, and I couldn't find too much info about it. Is it good?

"There be knockers down here..." - T.G. 1884

My review of The Path
Old 02-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #2

This game reminds me of one of the first games I've ever played - Aztec ! Is this the same game ?
Old 02-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #3

The sacred amulet and Aztec are the same game. I liked it, but that info doesn't help much.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:22 PM   #4

Any opinions on it? I'll probably start playing it while I wait for Dark Fall 2 to ship

My review of The Path
Old 02-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

It's a pretty good older game, if you don't mind one that was developed almost ten years ago. It doesn't have amazing graphics, but it makes up for it with a decent story in which you play a young Aztec warrior wrongfully accused of murder. While investigating the mystery to clear your name, you learn about a mysterious illness that's spreading, at the same time you're also being pursued by the real murderer.

Plus, this is one of former publisher Cryo's "edutainment" titles, so you can at least learn something about Aztec culture if the game itself doesn't appeal to you. (You can access the encyclopedia through the game's main menu or via certain hotspots throughout the game.)

I'd say it's a short and fairly easy game, better than some of Cryo's other edutainment titles like Chine: Forbidden City and Egypt 1156 B.C.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:01 AM   #6

Ah Edutainment. Yeah I think was originally on PSOne under a different name. I'll probably check it out once I finish Dark Messiah. I want to get the game over with so I concentrating all my efforts on that.

My review of The Path