You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Insecticide Episode 2?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2009, 11:21 PM   #1

Default Insecticide Episode 2?

I've been trying to hunt this down everywhere. Why they split it up for the PC version is beyond me. According to the main website it is supposedly already available for download but there is only a link to the first one which I have. Does anybody have ANY info for this at all other than what I already know?

Supposedly it came out summer of 2008. It's supposed to be available for direct download. However I can't find any more info than that. Did it get put on hold or something? Also why release the full version on the DS and then split it in half, release the first half and not the second?
Old 02-24-2009, 12:38 AM   #2
Junior Junior Member

Send a message via MSN to Krazy

It's been canceled apparently http://mixnmojo.com/php/news/showfil...egory=crackpot I like many people it seems was waiting for the second part to be out before getting them both.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:22 AM   #3
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

It hasn't been permanently canceled, but it has to find a new publisher, so it's fate is unsure at the moment.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #4

That seems to be the going trend. What is the deal with all these cancellations and switching and so on?
Is the video game business really that far in the crapper?
Old 02-24-2009, 10:29 AM   #5
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Seems so. The publisher for the game was taken over by a bigger company and apparently there weren't enough copies of Part 1 sold for the new company to continue the old deal.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
Throw baby

Send a message via AIM to Rather Dashing Send a message via MSN to Rather Dashing Send a message via Yahoo to Rather Dashing

Well, I didn't buy it. I tried to, mind you. But none of the digital download services I looked at explained their DRM policy up-front.

I wanted to know that I could just get a simple .EXE of the game, re-download it a reasonable amount of times, and not have to use some program like Steam to run it.

If they'd made it available direct from their website, I would have snagged it up right away. I prefer to buy direct from the developer whenever possible(Valve being the exception, as I absolutely abhor Steam). I just don't trust third-party digital game stores.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:37 PM   #7
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Dashing View Post
If they'd made it available direct from their website, I would have snagged it up right away. I prefer to buy direct from the developer whenever possible(Valve being the exception, as I absolutely abhor Steam). I just don't trust third-party digital game stores.
I guess Crackpot would have liked that too, but I think they had a deal with their publisher that prevented them for going solo with the distribution.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:07 PM   #8

This is strange. They're preparing to release a a CD version of the game here in the UK so it sounds like mixed signals.

I for one have been hoping the CD version would have part 1 and 2 on it, but I'm assuming not after this news.

I too have been waiting for to buy the full version, or the two parts at once. I might've bought part 1 on its own had I been able to play a demo first.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #9
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Unfortunately, no CD or any other version is currently being prepared, trust me. Crackpot is still looking for a new publisher.

As for a demo, have you tried this trial version?

http://www.trygames.com/game/aff=try...b4817b597c14fd
Old 02-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #10

Well I finally heard back from the makers and this it what they said.

"When Southpeak bought Gamecock, they cancelled it. We are not happy. Please complain to Southpeak!"

That is all they said on the subject so I guess it's most likely a dead issue.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post
Unfortunately, no CD or any other version is currently being prepared, trust me. Crackpot is still looking for a new publisher.

As for a demo, have you tried this trial version?

http://www.trygames.com/game/aff=try...b4817b597c14fd
No, I'm not in the right territory to download it....
Old 02-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #12
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Too bad, I didn't know the download was limited to specific teritories.