You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New Still Life 2 Trailer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #1

Default New Still Life 2 Trailer

OK, it's more of one of the cutscenes earlier one being linked, but I have a few questions.

Why did Paloma go for the bathroom when running away from him? If I get the room's structure right, when she rolled over the bed and ran the direction she did, she was heading the same way as the corridor entrance.

And who's stupid enough to put their back against the door? Has she not seen The Shining?

Also, is it me or did McPherson have a French accent on the phone? Have they not recorded her voice for the English version? Can anyone confirm if the actress who voiced in SL1 will be voicing her again in SL2?
Old 02-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #2

Maybe because in real life the "protagonist" is not as brave/logical/cool as it is in the movies in a state of panic/fear
Old 02-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Or maybe because she just is plain stupid.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 02-11-2009, 12:02 AM   #4

Judging from the trailer the game looks promising.
The most worrying thing to me, like terramax mentioned, is McPherson's accent, I really hope it's not the official voice.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:28 AM   #5

Yeah, not that she had the greatest voice in the world, but it's nice to have that consistency.

I just hope this game is as engaging and as interesting as Still Life. I think the 3D graphics look nice (apart from some of the character models -- why is it that most 2.5D/3D adventure games have horrible character models? ) and I like the look of the levels so far, so I'm holding my breath.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:03 AM   #6
The Quiet One

It looks interesting but i'm convinced it'll be no where near as good as the first. Are they ever? The only 2 sequels that come to mind that are just as good (if not better) than their predecessors are Monkey Island 2 and Gabriel Knight 2.

I also hope that that isn't the final voice for Victoria. A french accent doesn't sound right for someone who comes from Chicago.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 02-11-2009, 11:06 AM   #7

I'm pretty certain it can't be. An American with a French accent.

I'm guessing they used a soundbite of the voice actress being hired as Victoria for the french version of the game (there's a possibility they haven't found someone to dub in English yet).

Quote:
I just hope this game is as engaging and as interesting as Still Life. I think the 3D graphics look nice (apart from some of the character models -- why is it that most 2.5D/3D adventure games have horrible character models? ) and I like the look of the levels so far, so I'm holding my breath.
I don't mind the graphics either. The problem I usually have with 3D adventures are the locations are generally bare of any items (i.e. the screens of Victoria in a kitchen). I also think the close up of Victoria's 3D character model looks a tad rushed and bland. Here's hoping it's just bad lighting

Overal I'm still excited.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:32 PM   #8
Banned User

I love how a lot of the gamers are comparing the gasmask man to the Helghast from Killzone. What has this world come to?

Anyways, from what I understand, most of the stupid things you guys are talking about, except the accent of Vicky, are what made this trailer so amazing. It has a lot of action and really got your heart pumping. She did what she did to create a sense of emotion that will shock the viewer, which it has done greatly for newcomers and hardcore players of Still life.

So, i'm just going to sit here and get overly excited for this game.

No game currently has done 2.5d in adventures game better than Overclocked and Rhodan. I feel it has something to do with allowing high antialias rendering.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
No game currently has done 2.5d in adventures game better than Overclocked and Rhodan. I feel it has something to do with allowing high antialias rendering.
Yeah, a lot of adventure games don't seem to have graphical options for higher end PC's, but I think that's because they want to keep the system specs needed really low so anyone can play.

I've only played the demo of Overclocked, but I have to say that while the character's blend in with the background's decently enough, the model work is still quite blocky and unappealing.

Surely with most adventure games having 2D backgrounds, some of them could afford to have half-decent character models nowadays? I think Perry Rhodan is the only one I've seen where the character's look rather up-to-date.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:43 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
She did what she did to create a sense of emotion that will shock the viewer, which it has done greatly for newcomers and hardcore players of Still life.
Well, no, if the player doesn't find her actions plausable, the player won't sympathise and won't be as excited as they should be.

I think this was the wrong scene to use as a teaser because they've given away I big part of the game's plot. We don't know what this killer is capable of (because we haven't played the section of the game before hand), so there's not as much tension as there should be. I would have preferred a montage or one of the more subtle FMVs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited for this sequel, but I just didn't enjoy this scene. Now, before even owning the game, I know how this woman was kidnapped
Old 02-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax View Post
I think this was the wrong scene to use as a teaser because they've given away I big part of the game's plot. We don't know what this killer is capable of (because we haven't played the section of the game before hand), so there's not as much tension as there should be. I would have preferred a montage or one of the more subtle FMVs.
Big part? It's exactly what it is described for the game on this site (unless you haven't read it).
Section before that? How long do you think is that? Probably 5-10 minutes of gameplay including the cut scenes.
This big part and the section before that is the very beginning of the game Terramax, not the middle part nor the last.

Last edited by dekaneas297; 02-12-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #12

OK, I did read the reporter gets kidnapped (but now we know how which is what I call the big giveaway).

Quote:
How long do you think is that? Probably 5-10 minutes of gameplay including the cut scenes.
This big part and the section before that is the very beginning of the game Terramax, not the middle part nor the last.
That's something I didn't read from the internet site. Is this something you know for a fact?
Old 02-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax View Post
That's something I didn't read from the internet site. Is this something you know for a fact?
Terramax excuse me but what you are saying doesn't make sense.

In each game description on this site there it is the general plot and the basic beginning of it. For example in Agatha Christie: Evil under the sun (I quote that because there is a crime on which it is based) it is stated "Famous detective Hercule Poirot is back in typical style, turning up at just the right time to begin an investigation into the murder of a famous actress...".
So the murder is the very beginning (in this game there is even no gameplay before that) and what follows is the 99.9% of the game.

I am certain that something similar happens in Still Life 2. But because there can't be such a phone call as an intro cut scene (we aren't yet familiar with the new murderer and his acts-probably the first murder) I presume a 5-10 gameplay maximum before that scene.
So no there isn't a big part before that
Old 02-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #14

They better not end this one on a cliffhanger. God was i pissed when i got to the end of the first one...
Old 02-16-2009, 06:08 PM   #15

Man, I remember loving Still Life, but I don't remember a thing about it. I actually also remember wanting to punch my monitor when I watched the ending because it was such a blatant cliffhanger, and at the time there was no prospect of a sequel. Going to have to give this one another spin.