You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2007, 06:42 AM   #1

Default Runaway 3?

Just finished Runaway 2,i definitely enjoyed it. Although i didn't like it
as much as i did Runaway 1.But still very enjoyable but i just HATE it
that i'm gonna have to wait for a long ass time until 3 comes out and
the story continues. Is there anything known about Runaway 3?

Runaway 2 took like...4 years after 1 to come out, right? Oh lord i surely
hope that won't happen with 3.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:44 AM   #2
3rd person fanatic :)

I haven't heard anything other about that game, than it's coming... no release dates, no interface or story setting... nothing... but I definitely hope it will be techincally as close to Runaway 2 as possible. I freaked out too when I saw that it ended like it was cut with a knife
Old 08-16-2007, 08:59 AM   #3

Runaway 2 ended on such a cliffhanger. I really hope they release it soon.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:12 PM   #4

the only thing I could find was at a french website. Translation from babel fish:
Quote:
Pendulo Studios confirms semi-officially Runaway 3. The play will consist a priori of a true continuation and will send the heroes this time of with dimensions of Japan. No images nor other information is for the moment available. Business to be followed.
posted August 25, 2007

http://www.jeuxvideopc.com/news/12056-nouveaux-echos-runaway-3.php
Old 09-08-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

Also of interest

Quote:
Pendulo Studios is banking on its recent success with Runaway 2. Not only is Cyanide Studios working on an NDS port, but a Wii version is now also in development. On top of that, at the Leipzig Games Convention, Pendulo confirmed that Runaway 3 is already in the works. A direct sequel to the previous installment, it will be set in Japan.
From August 23 @ http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=45422
Old 09-19-2007, 06:31 AM   #6

Japan? Hmmm, I wonder what it will be it´s importance to the story... Some connection with Otto´s crazy japanese friend from the final cutscene? Probably not but...
Old 09-19-2007, 01:10 PM   #7

I woulds like a Runaway 3 as much as the nexy guy, but please bear in mind that Pendulo Studios are only a very small Spanish? indie game developer. I think one of the reasons why it took 4+ years to publish Runaway 2 was Pendulo Studios having troubles finding a publisher. Hopefullt, Runaway can come out a bit faster than 4+ years
Old 05-02-2008, 01:44 AM   #8
George Stobbart

Send a message via MSN to sultanbadza

Pendulo Studios has revealed the first details of the 3rd installment in the Runaway point-and-click adventure franchise, titled Runaway: A Twist of Fate. The game will be released sometime in Q1 2009.

At the Game Developers Conference 2008 last week, the Italian developer showed the first art pieces (shown above). They mentioned that Runaway 3: A Twist of Fate will have “a much somber mood and darker setting than previous titles in the series”.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:14 AM   #9

Runaway 3: A twist of fate is probably going out in first 4 months of 2009. It's not going to be direct continuation of Runaway 2: The dream of the turle. It's going to be more sad, dark and serious than Runaway 1 and 2. The beggining is on the cementary on .. Brian's burial. Yeah, you heard it - Brian's burial. He's dead but I don't know why. I saw some pictures of Runaway 3 and he was in prison. Anyway .. in Twist of fate we're going to control Gina not Brian this time. I think (i don't know, i only think) that she's going to look for the answers for questions: Why Brian died.? What happend to him.? and stuff. but i think that in the end it will turn out that he's alive. i just go this feeling.
Ekhem .. and after long searching in web i found a short film about Runaway 3. so check it out on: http://www.clubic.com/actualite-1458...ate-video.html
But there's still one thing that's worring me - The ending of Runaway 2 disapointed me so much! It's because still not everything was clear in the end. And the next part of this game (Runaway 3: Twist of fate) is not going to be a direct continuation of Runaway 2 so I'm worried that they won't tell us what happend with Gina and all the rest of things that wasnt explained ...
Sorry for my english - I'm polish.

Last edited by ` Siliikon Baby.; 07-14-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #10
Occasionally around...

Send a message via Yahoo to MystGirl

I just finished playing Runaway 1 not that long ago. I didn't even know there was a Runaway 2! Good to know! I look forward to hearing that a 3 is also coming out. Very cool.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:54 AM   #11

Anymore news on Runaway 3 lately?
Old 02-17-2009, 05:33 AM   #12

Just took a look at the official website and found a vague release date.

Quote:
Runaway « A Twist of Fate » is scheduled to be released in the fourth quarter of 2009 on PC and Nintendo DS.
That's it.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #13

Looking forward to Runaway 3, I just finished Runaway and plan to play Runaway 2 before the third part goes out.