You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Dark Fall vs. Lost crown

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
Winelover

Default Dark Fall vs. Lost crown

I really enjoyed Lost Crown, is Dark Fall as enjoyable? Is there a sequel to Lost Crown coming out any time soon?
Old 01-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Welcome to AG!

I really liked both Dark Falls. They're both in first person, but have the same creepy feel. I don't know about a sequel to Lost Crown but Jonathon Boakes is working on Dark Fall III.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...ad.php?t=23602
Old 01-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #3
Super Moderator

There was also a hint to Dark Fall III in The Lost Crown (I'll just include links as it might be a bit of a spoiler if you haven't played the game):

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...e68/TLC1-1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...TLC1crop-1.jpg
Old 01-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
Stalker of Britain

I absolutely love both Dark Fall games, The Lost Crown, and even Barrow Hill, which Jonathan, the creator, also co-created. The third Dark Fall is supposed to answer a lot of unsolved questions, and I'm hoping some from "The Lost Crown". The ending of The Lost Crown seemed to leave it open for a sequel, so let's hope for more Nigelspeak! lol

I would definetely reccommend both "Dark Fall: The Journal" and "Dark Fall: Lights Out". They are 1st person, as Melanie said, and very creepy ad involving. If you like the characters and the hints you got about them in Lost Crown, the Dark Falls are just as good about that. You get to see things mentioned in "The Lost Crown" in Dark Falls, and even meet a character you'll instantly recognize from Lost Crown. And I would suggest Barrow Hill, because you will also see references between Lost Crown and Barrow Hill.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 01-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
Winelover

This is my first time posting in any kind of forum, so thanks for the feedback. I have only been playing these games since last summer. I purchased some really bad games in the past and don't want to make the same mistake again.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
Stalker of Britain

Well welcome then, Hupman!!! lol This is a good group of friendly people, I'm sure you'll fit in.

I know exactly what you mean. Crappy games have been popping up in my collection more and more. But if it might make you feel any better, the Dark Fall games, Lost Crown, and Barrow Hill games I mentioned above are some of my favorite *ever*.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes