You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Cancellations and missed what?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2004, 03:18 PM   #1
Schättenjager

Default Cancellations and missed what?

Last couple of days what I've seen that you guys pretty concerned about Lucas art's cancellations,what were they trying to do exactly, trying regenerating legends of genre
after 10-12 years.. when I saw first FT2's concept art &3d models I've thanked to god they cancelled it NO new concepts,no new charecters just a struggle for adaptation of gameworlds to 3d for good old days sake nostalgy,actually what could've been so exciting after 10-12 years anyway?Lucasarts classics era ended with Grim Fandango and what was
the lucasart promises for genre at 21'st centuryemoving old faces from oldest inventories..
That's already shows what their approaches has become for adventure genre..
Anybody found Efmi better than any other game of the series?
We've all see 3-d adaptations of old classics what have became...
Bottomline is if they were cancel a really new,inspired,creative Lucas arts
projects would have been really sad for adv. gamers but we're already doing fine without Lucas arts since last 6 years..
Old 03-06-2004, 03:23 PM   #2
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Sam & Max 2 seemed like it wasn't going in the same direction as EMI and FT2. That's why so many people care.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:26 PM   #3
Under pressure.

Quote:
we're already doing fine without Lucas arts since last 6 years..
I disagree. The one thing I miss in todays adventure games is the lighthearted comedy approach. Games with absurd humour like Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island and especially Sam and Max. I can't name one single adventure game from the past 6 years that comes close to that kind of humour.

I don't say games like Runaway and Broken Sword 3 are bad, though. They just not have that absurd humor I miss.

--Erwin
Old 03-06-2004, 03:38 PM   #4
Schättenjager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
I don't say games like Runaway and Broken Sword 3 are bad, though. They just not have that absurd humor I miss.

--Erwin
That's the one of the points what I wanted to come what would you expect with this old concepts, absurd humor ? of course that's what they can easily copy it at first for sure