You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The most interesting or clever puzzle ever?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 02:51 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gledster View Post
I never got to play GK3 *sniff*.
It's never too late...
Old 09-10-2008, 08:32 AM   #22

I thought the rada drum code and the voodoo code puzzles from GK1 were clever as well.
Also, in GK3, the bit where Gabriel has the opportunity to sneak into the other rooms at the hotel is quite memorable, because there are a number of ways to go about it.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #23
Sinister noir hoodlum

I found a lot of the puzzles in Day of the Tentacle to be incredibly well constructed, especially the ones that involve making a change in one time period to effect a change in the future. The puzzle with the wine time-capsule springs to mind.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:02 AM   #24

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazmajik View Post
I thought the rada drum code and the voodoo code puzzles from GK1 were clever as well.
From GK1, I'd mention the mime puzzle as well: I know that a lot of people hated it, but I totally love it!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 09-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #25
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazmajik View Post
From GK1, I'd mention the mime puzzle as well: I know that a lot of people hated it, but I totally love it!
I agree in both cases. Great satisfaction once you figure them out.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:07 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to Gledster Send a message via MSN to Gledster Send a message via Yahoo to Gledster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
I forgot about the mime puzzle! Luring the policeman away from his bike wasn't it? Took me ages that one. Sound was used to great effect there as the radio kept cutting off just as it got to the part you needed. Very well done.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #27

I love the puzzle in Discworld Noir where after investigations a series of murders and methods of murder you draw a conclusion to famous murders and an occult symbol and after finding a map of the city in a dark house in the shades make the murders on the map and using the star shaped symbol you can decipher exactly where the next two murders are going to be.