You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Some Still Life Q's (spoilers)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 05:27 AM   #1
Swim away foogoo fish!

Default Some Still Life Q's (spoilers)

Hello!

Well, I finished playing Still Life sometime ago, and I can NOT wait for Still Life 2! I just love the game!

Either the way; could someone answer me a few questions? There are some things in the game that I didn't get, obviously. Hope you can clear it for me.

(warning: I am NOT looking for the killer)
  1. On the Guest List in the S&M Club, Mark Ackerman appears twice. How come? Does the new killer address himself as the deceased Mark?? What did I miss?
  2. Ok, so Mark's dad abused him. And he hated his mother cause she did nothing, tho she knew what was going on. What I don't get is this : I, unfortunately, have a few close people to me who have been abused by the father. Noone, and I mean NOONE; get's abused by the father at the point to start blaming the mother, and then; call him DADDY?! You call him father, or by his name, or The Old Man... "Daddy is the ambassador" said Mark to Gustav, or something similar. But he DID say "Daddy". The game maker's mistake, or it means something? What did I miss?
  3. I dunno why, but it's like: microids forgot about the first 2or3 victims in Victoria's time. The S&M club explains the tattooed victim(first one we played with), the second(a sinners pardon), Mia and the unknown girl. But the first 2or3?? The ones we didn't play with, but have pictures of in Victoria's case file.
  4. What happened to Mark's mom?? We meet Mark, hear a lot about his dad, but mommy? What's with her?
  5. Why did Mark made rings for his vics? The new murderer doesn't do them...?
  6. When we're with Gustav, and we examine the park,on the angel statue/fountain there is a message : "The whore wasn't worthy of my devotion, so I proposed to the angel." Richard tells that from the painting it's obvious that Mark 'saw' Beatrice at the asylum as an angel. Were they like; married or something?
Old 08-23-2008, 05:32 PM   #2

Hi Julia:

1. That was confusing but I assumed a copycat killer was also a fan of Mark’s and used his name.

2. Strange as it seems abused people (children especially) can still love their abusers … so affection for “daddy” is perhaps more realistic than it would seem

3. I don’t think I noticed this but there was no lack of mayhem so maybe a couple more detailed deaths would have been overkill … pardon the pun.

4. I guess the mother’s only purpose was to explain Mark’s twisted love/hatred of women. She was ineffective in stopping the abuse so perhaps not worthy of further consideration.

5. The rings could have been a sick representation of the “love” part of Mark’s insanity.

6. If I remember it right, she looked like a nurse? Don’t think they were married … lucky for her!

Great game … am looking forward to the next one.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)