You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Let's discuss Leipzig news :)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 02:46 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83
Default Let's discuss Leipzig news :)

I don't know if it can interest someone but, given that - hopefully - during these days and thanks to the Leipzig GC we'll hear some (again, let's hope) interesting news about a lot of titles to come, I thought that open a thread for the general chat about these titles could be a good idea.

I understand that, from today, the GC is open to the public, so realistically from today we'll start to hear some juicy news
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 08-21-2008, 06:21 AM   #2
tsa
Playing character

Do you have a link or something that we can get more info from?
Old 08-21-2008, 06:29 AM   #3

There are many sites that give instant news about the GC, but the one I constantly check out are the Italian ones. Obviously, 'cause we're speaking about adventures, I check out also Adventure Gamers - I posted the thread as a place we can discuss the news to come; at the present moment, surely we don't have many news to sink our teeth in, but hopefully this situation will change within hours
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:37 AM   #4

As a matter of fact, this Italian site has just presented the complete list of the game of GC 2008, and - as you can see - the only adventures listed are:

- The Whispered World
- A New Beginning
- Secret Files 2: Puritas Cord

I don't know how much this news is believable, but I sure hope it's not.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:47 AM   #5

From Gamespy: http://www.gamespy.com/articles/899/899577p1.html

Gray Matter is mentioned, but almost in passing, along with Black Mirror 2 which was just announced recently.

I did happen to notice that the dtp website has been updated and has a nice Gray Matter page, with as close as we've had to a new image for a long time, the work-in-progress box cover.
http://www.dtp-entertainment.com/en/...=3171&landid=1

I'm looking forward to more details as they are unveiled, and being patient.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:49 AM   #6
Hopeful skeptic

Along with the next Simon the Sorcerer, there have been several new games announced, including sequels to Art of Murder and Culpa Innata, and a new game by Deck13 called Haunted. I don't write anything up as AG news until I've seen official confirmation, but it's all solid. So, at least four announced so far and climbing.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazmajik View Post
I did happen to notice that the dtp website has been updated and has a nice Gray Matter page, with as close as we've had to a new image for a long time, the work-in-progress box cover.
Yes, the cover initial design is... sort of... a step forward: tiny and teeny, but a step nonetheless. I don't know how the GC works, but I hope that in the days to come Wizarbox will unveil something a bit more substantial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Along with the next Simon the Sorcerer, there have been several new games announced, including sequels to Art of Murder and Culpa Innata, and a new game by Deck13 called Haunted.
Simon the Sorcerer 5 - although its premise sound, ehm, disappointing to me - is surely a good news. And the title "Haunted" seems promising - concerning the sequel to Culpa Innata, I won't express myself []

Old 08-21-2008, 03:01 PM   #8

This isn't exactly news, but I can't resist adding this link I found.
http://graymatter.blox.pl/2008/08/If-its-August-this-must-be-Leipzig.html
Old 08-21-2008, 11:41 PM   #9
Psychonaut

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38865.html

Trailer for Art of Murder 2
Old 08-22-2008, 03:00 AM   #10
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Look what I found! A trailer!

I mean, A Vampyre Story trailer!

http://www.avampyrestory-game.com/do...ernational.wmv
Old 08-22-2008, 03:01 AM   #11

Very good lighting and cinematography. And also very enhanced background design (the characters models continue to seem, at least to me, more like dolls than human beings): the only problem I have with this game is that I find the story very, very overused - but I'll be glad to be disproved

Does anyone know when, realistically, these new impression on Gray Matter will be revealed? In which day of the GC DTP will show its line-up?

(I'm also curious about Memento Mori...)

Old 08-22-2008, 03:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post
For a moment, I thought that you were speaking about a GM trailer - argh!

Anyway, very funny trailer: I love the bat whose name I can't recall and the background are really outstanding!

Old 08-22-2008, 03:17 AM   #13
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Very good lighting and cinematography. And also very enhanced background design (the characters models continue to seem, at least to me, more like dolls than human beings): the only problem I have with this game is that I find the story very, very overused - but I'll be glad to be disproved
And I thought you were talking about A Vampyre Story trailer.

Quote:
I love the bat whose name I can't recall
It's FrOderick!
Old 08-22-2008, 06:05 PM   #14
aye, aye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
XD that's awesome-- it shows gameplay but you still really have NO idea what it will be about. This is the first thing I've ever heard about a sequel, never knew. That's great! I actually quite liked the game
Old 08-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Does anyone know when, realistically, these new impression on Gray Matter will be revealed? In which day of the GC DTP will show its line-up?
According to this thread at CORT-X, the game won't be at this years GC which kind of sucks, kind of REALLY sucks.

Last edited by D.C.; 08-22-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:08 PM   #16

I also heard that Gray Matter wasn't shown at the conference. I guess they don't have anything to show, but at least they had Mata Hari dancing every two hours.

Maybe next year...

Old 08-23-2008, 01:00 AM   #17

These news made me really sad: I've read the post you pointed out, D.C. and is was so much a letdown that now I'm really angry. And disappointed. The only new thing that I found on the net was an artwork previously unseen, and an HD version of the trailer marked as new on August 22.

It begin to resemble a colossal joke -.-

Anyway, let's hope that Memento Mori, Mata Hari and A Vampyre Story will be released without delaying or other problems. In the meantime, I'm planning a visit to Paris, where I can hunt high and low for a Wizarbox's employee to mesmerize

Last edited by AndreaDraco83; 08-23-2008 at 01:22 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:07 AM   #18
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

To be fair, all other adventure titles that have been awaited for years (at least by me) have been just released or will be released this autumn. It's good that we will still have Gray Matter to wait for.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:39 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post

I mean, A Vampyre Story trailer!

http://www.avampyrestory-game.com/do...ernational.wmv
Finally we see something from my most anticipated game!

Not overly impressed with it though It's just such a shame to see such gorgeous background graphics being let down by such sub-standard character models and textures. Someone give the guys the money to do it properly please!
Old 08-23-2008, 07:13 AM   #20
Writer-Designer

DTP announced, in a very well attended press conference, a new So Blonde game.

What we're doing for this game, which is for the Nintendo Wii and DS, is to create a new game that isn't a sequel. Something that we believe is a very unique approach.

We didn't want to do a straight port of the PC version and to do a full sequel for a different platform didn't seem right either. So we started with the original premise, but have created a "What if..." game by posing the question, "What if Sunny had first landed on the dark side of the island and befriended One-eye?"

What this does is give us the opportunity to explore the ideas themes and characters afresh as the story of Sunny's time on the island is seen from a different perspective.

Because the story unfolds in a very different way than the PC version, the story and dialoge have been re-written and the gameplay re-designed. We introduce totally new characters - one of whom is player controlled for part of the game - and new locations. Some characters and locations that were in the PC game will not appear in this version because the new story takes a different path. Some of the locations are common to both games, but a number of them have been re-drawn to fit the Nintendo systems.

So, what we have is a new game that's not a sequel. Each game is a stand-alone game, but those players who play both games will be rewarded with a richer feeling for the characters, story and the history of the island.

Last edited by Steve Ince; 08-23-2008 at 07:23 AM.