You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure What game is this (OLD adventure game)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
Adventure Addict

Default What game is this (OLD adventure game)

I'm trying to help someone figure out the name of a game. Here are the details he provided:

Quote:
looking like the lucasfilm games(monkey island, indianajones, maniac mansion etc)

the story was you are a slave under someones command and you must find a way to find your freedom and do what your master commands you
you have an explosive in your head, so if you dont obey to his orders you go boom
i remeber some stuff in the game..like to do stuff you have to write the VERB of what you have to do..like to do some cleanning on the floor you had to write:
CLEAN FLOOR

and stuff like that, then there was a pool in the mansion of your master with SHARKS in it..and when you wanted to get near his office you would go BOOM

first level is you have to go do some BROOMING

and thats pretty much what i remember

You guys have any idea? Thanks!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:24 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to Cellardoor

That's probably King's Quest III, though it doesn't feature explosives or swimming pools... Perhaps your friend has got his memories of the game mixed up somewhat, since there are sharks in KQ3, and your wizard master uses magic to 'explode' you to dust if you don't follow his orders.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellardoor View Post
That's probably King's Quest III, though it doesn't feature explosives or swimming pools... Perhaps your friend has got his memories of the game mixed up somewhat, since there are sharks in KQ3, and your wizard master uses magic to 'explode' you to dust if you don't follow his orders.
haha, I love the misunderstanding of memory. Sounds spot on. Explosions, Sharks, Mansions. I thought it was an american james bond gangster game.

Oddly, it was just Kings Quest 3. Never beaten the game before.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:31 PM   #4
Your average crooner

Oddly enough, I think that it was not such a difficult game (or ilogical, being from Roberta Williams). I mean, you start and just then you have some idea of what you can and cannot do in the game.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:37 AM   #5

I was the friend who made that request to find the game

and no it is not king's quest

Lol I have a wonderful memory in somestuff and King's quest is not it

it wasen't in middile-age, I remember there was an elevator, and as I said first mission was to : SWEEP the floor in the kitchen or something.

anyone?