You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Lost Crown and The Experiment

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
Occasionally around...

Send a message via Yahoo to MystGirl
Default The Lost Crown and The Experiment

I was wondering if anyone has played either of these yet. I just noticed them at a local store recently and was wondering if either are any good.

http://www.thelostcrown.co.uk/

http://www.adventurecompanygames.com...ment/index.php
Old 07-26-2008, 07:45 PM   #2
Super Moderator

This is a thread on The Lost Crown and this is one about Experience112 (the European name for The Experiment - same game).

There are quite a few impressions in there as well.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:27 PM   #3
Stalker of Britain

I LOVED the "Lost Crown". I see that you like the "Dark Fall" games. It is by the same creator, and even has little inside nods to the previous games. It is a long game, full of detail and plenty of playing time, well worth the money. If you like ghost hunting, suspense, and Dark Fall, I'd recommend it.

I also am eyeing "The Experiment".
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-27-2008, 03:05 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Experience 112 has basically a great idea, even a revolutionary one - but poorly executed in terms of gameplay, dialogue and character development.

A huge letdown, in my opinion.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 07-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
Banned User

It felt claustrophobic and boring. It was slow, and lagged (Not visually, but story wise) a lot through out the game.

It sort of felt like the game Lost, whereas you have nothing to go on, and throughout the game/show you must pick out the clues to draw the bigger picture. These types of games are absolutely amazing, but sad with the Experience 112, it got boring enough to force me to stop playing about 3/4 of the through.

The game also gave me a headache with all the window managing and lack of full control. The graphics were great, bu I feel that they could've done more to polish it up.

Also, I'd love to see a Survival Horror game like this. It'd be really fun!