You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Point and Click Games where you can't die!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2008, 05:16 AM   #21
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeguru View Post
What do you mean it's not point and click?
Schizm 2 has FPS-like direct control interface.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:45 AM   #22
Banned User

Oh ok, I got used to that with URU and real Myst. Didn't take away too much from the suspense. Though walking through games in Myst 1-4 style always seems like the best...

Codeguru

PS- You may as well try Rhem 1-3 if you want point and click. Very good puzzles but I can't stress enough there is hardly any storyline. The only thing I can compare it to is Myst which would be a 10 for storyline in my book and Rhem would be a 2-3.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:12 AM   #23
The Ultimate Insult

You cant die in moment of silence, it has a few parts that make you think "ho sheet." but in practice it leads to nothing, the game pretty much automatically resumes danger situations for you, so theres no rush against time, just your own nerve racking feelings xD

Currently playing; CSI Deadly Intent, Tales Of Monkey Island Ep 1
Recently finished;Secret Files Puritas Cordis, Prof Layton and Pandora's Box
Eagerly anticipating;Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe new world, Nearly Departed
Old 05-24-2008, 08:26 AM   #24

No, I mean in terms of the way the movement operates - I am not enjoying it greatly at the moment, but I juat don't think it's my sort of thing...
Old 05-30-2008, 01:45 PM   #25
Banned User

Ah man, I just starting playing Mysterious Journey 2. It's like playing a working version of URU: Ages Beyond Myst. I guess maybe they used similar engines being made at around the same time. So far yeah it's not like a point and click travel method at all and the puzzles seem to be mostly trial and error, at least at first. It might be just me but I played Schizm just before I started this and the clarity of speech and storyline are a hundred times better and that usually gets big points with me. I think there are definately some games by the Adventure Company that are worth trying out now, when beforehand I had only played "Atlantis: Evolution" that was made by them and it was really a horrid piece of crap and I assumed that was just the disrepair the genre had fallen into. Glad to see I was mistaken...

Codeguru
Old 06-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by [toj.cc]Phantom View Post
Monkey Island Series, Runaway, Agatha Christie Games (I'm pretty sure you can't die)
I can't remember if it is Monkey island 1 or 2 but Guybrush , that lovable pirate wannabe can actually die. In one of the underwater sequence , he can actually drown if you leave him idle for too long. He'll turn blue in the face and then a bloated sickly green afterwards.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:48 AM   #27

I'm just replaying Sanitarium and finding it great all over again. If you want a scary/creepy point-and-click sort of game, give it a try!

There are occasional action sequences in Sanitarium where you can "die", but this just means you're zapped back to the beginning of the sequence to try again. There's no limit to the number of tries you can have, and the action sequences are fairly easy once you see what you have to do.