You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Gabriel Knight 4 petition

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2008, 05:19 AM   #1

Default Gabriel Knight 4 petition

Hi

I have been a gabriel Knight player for quite some time now, and for anyone who doenst know the series its an awesome graphical adventure game that brings emotions in any player. The 3rd and last chapter of the series was released in 1998, and since there nothing... I have got tired of waiting and now Im making a petition to Vivendi for a new GK, so please help me and sign it, because I may be small, but if everyone helps me out well show how profitable a new GK can be, for who doesnt know the series get a bit of info about it and help me out anyway

Link to my petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/G...rth/index.html

Lets prove that good games never die

thank you and sorry for the bad english
Old 02-23-2008, 07:26 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Hi Svraddict!

Do you know the Gabriel Knight 4 Campaign? They (but, being a supporter I must say "us") are doing the same thing.

Also, Jane Jensen in a lot of interviews stated that the rights for making a 4th chapter are in Vivendi's hands. If the adventure genre regain some of his popularity, maybe Vivendi will choose to make the 4th chapter.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 02-23-2008, 07:51 AM   #3

Yes I am very familiar with the GK4 campaign , Ive asked them in the forum to link my petition to their site and Ive sign theire guestbook , still I always like to take the iniciative into my own hands, and like they say in the campaign, by doing fansites, petitions and stuff like that, it only helps them to bring a new GK, thats why im planning on sending my petition straight to Vivendi, but I need your help by giving me signatures on it
Old 02-23-2008, 11:22 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

So, I'm gonna to sign, don't worry

PS: where are you from?
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 02-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #5

thank you

I am from Portugal, the GK series here is unknown, since its a small country and there arent many video game players, but Im doing my best with my time( and pacience lol), to explain my friends how wonderfull is the concept behind Gabriel Knight
Old 02-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #6

I'll sign, but first, on the petition, could you change the part under How bad do you want GK4 to be made, from I prey for it to be made to I pray for it to be made

"Prey" is something a werewolf might do, while "pray" is appealing to God or a higher power. In this case, Vivendi.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:43 PM   #7

ooops, like I said, my english really sucks lol, Im gonna chage it right away
Old 02-24-2008, 05:48 AM   #8
Schättenjager

I think better than startin petitions if fans hire J.J for new script and change series name Knight junior for avoiding any conflicts with vivendi.[:'(]
Old 02-24-2008, 05:56 AM   #9

Its not a bad ideia, but who has the money to hire J.J.? but in the meanwhile I think my iniciative will have a purpose .
Old 02-24-2008, 06:55 AM   #10
Schättenjager

It's not all about money most important thing convincing J.J how big fan base will support(buy) her new Knight mystery .At this point believing how profitable job will be she get pay over sales,it's up to you again fans.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:57 AM   #11

hummmm... thats good thinking , maybe I should send my peticion to J.J. too
Old 02-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #12

First things first, let's prey/pray for grey/gray matter.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #13

indeed lol, I cant wait for it
Old 02-24-2008, 12:25 PM   #14
aye, aye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svraddict View Post
I am from Portugal, the GK series here is unknown
I'm from Sweden, and the GK serie's unknown here aswell. :/ If we're lucky, the hype behind Gray Matter might put some sort of a boost on Jane Jensen and the games she's written. *-*
Old 02-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svraddict View Post
thank you

I am from Portugal, the GK series here is unknown, since its a small country and there arent many video game players, but Im doing my best with my time( and pacience lol), to explain my friends how wonderfull is the concept behind Gabriel Knight

Not totally unknown.. I'm from Portugal too and a huge fan of Gabriel Knight and all adventure games in particular Just to let you know you're not alone in your "crusade" as far as i'm concerned.

PS: Já assinei a petição
Old 02-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #16

If you happen to be new to the internet: there's absolutely, positively no chance of this petition accomplishing anything.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:02 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm from Sweden, and the GK serie's unknown here aswell.
Well. that's not true, I think. Gabriel is very well known in Sweden as in most of the western world.

Have you tried
http://www.delteradventures.com

Last edited by smulan; 02-25-2008 at 02:20 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:02 AM   #18
aye, aye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smulan View Post
Well. that's not true, I think. Gabriel is very well known in Sweden as in most of the western world.

Have you tried
http://www.delteradventures.com
*gasp* I've never seen that one!
And ah, perhaps that's true. O:
Though, well... GK is known in the "inner circle" I do suppose. I wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't found GK3 in a big box filled with old computer games at a store. (I'm 17; most kids my age probably don't know about them. Which is sad. They're really good games >_< )
Old 02-25-2008, 04:31 AM   #19

wooow, thepende, thank you so much for your support, it really means a lot to me that there are more portuguese people interessed in the GK series . Altought Im only 16 Im not really new to the internet( I use it regullary since about 4 years ago).

PS: thorn is right, most of the new gamers have no interest in the old adventure games, and that is a shame, since they dont know what theire missing.

Thank you for your support
Old 02-26-2008, 12:01 AM   #20

While GK series is worth playing, I don't think it's factors like "fun gameplay", "excellent story" which will convince Vivendi(or whoever's holding onto the current licenses) to enter negotiations for another GK title. Rather, I suspect they'd assess the profitability of said title first and that's considering if they're even interested in looking at the license of an "old series".

These days, it's money alone which moves the goals and objectives of most publishers and not the game content itself.

Edit: I look forward to seeing more publishers who're far more interested in putting out quality games, than yet another clone series.

Last edited by Lucifiel; 02-26-2008 at 12:25 AM.