You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New Leisure Suit Larry??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2007, 01:28 PM   #1

Default New Leisure Suit Larry??

On the Howard Stern show today, Artie Lange said he is going in for a 4-hour voice recording session for a Leisure Suit Larry game. He said he's going to be voicing a character named Big Al. However, he wasn't sure if it was a new game or a remake.

Howard knew about LSL and noted that it was a pretty popular game. This is the first I've heard of this. Artie's a pretty big name to get for a voice-over, and he said he's getting paid for the session what a 20 year-old makes in a year.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there. Hopefully this one will be better than the last one!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:36 AM   #2

I guess he could be joking, this being the Howard Stern show and all. However, Big Al could definitely be a reference to Al Lowe, and as Eurogamer puts it "we're not sure why he would lie about something like that".

First the LSL mobile game, and now this - maybe Sierra is returning to their adventure gaming roots? Not very likely, though.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

If he says he's going to do a voice for one then there must be a new LSL game in the works but I can't believe it'll be anything but a sequel to Magna Cum Laude.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 11-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #4
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

I believe MCL was fairly successful, so a sequel, prequel or whatever wouldn't surprise me, but I'd say the chances it'll be remotely Adventure Game-ish are about the same as Bethesda's Fallout's of satisfying hardcore fans of the license.

As for Sierra returning to its roots... I feel the success of MCL may result in Vivendi deciding to do something with their old licenses, but I doubt it'll be anything AG related.