You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure East Side Story preorders mailed

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2007, 05:40 PM   #1

Default East Side Story preorders mailed

I have been informed by Mikael that all (or almost all) pre-orders were mailed out yesterday as promised (i.e. Monday 19th September).
They should arrive in Europe by about Thursday 22nd September, and outside Europe 3 or 4 days later!

There is full information concerning the game on the MDNA-games Site:- http://www.mdna-games.com/

The full very detailed walkthrough is posted here :- http://www.gamesover.com/East_Side_S...Side_Story.htm
Old 09-19-2007, 01:39 AM   #2
tsa
Playing character

Owww, that's nice! I can play it on my new iMac! The other games ran fine in Parallels.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:58 AM   #3
tsa
Playing character

And look what I got in the mail today!

The MDNA people are fantastic! They make great adventures, and they send them to you fast, lovingly wrapped in two sheets of A4 paper and lots of sticky tape. I love them

Edit: The CD is quite full: 487 MB! That will take a while to play through.

Last edited by tsa; 10-21-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:21 PM   #4

A M A Z I N G !!!
Two days only from Sweden to the Netherlands (Somebody else from Holland says on another Forum that he also got his today)! They used to talk about the "Special-Relationship", UK & USA... I remember the phrase being used a lot at the beginning of WW-2 (1939) when I was 14 y.o.

Seems there's another "Special-Relationship"... Sverige & Nederland!!!
Old 09-20-2007, 06:31 AM   #5
tsa
Playing character

It looks like it, yes

I wonder if we two are the only ones interested in the game? That would be sad.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:56 AM   #6

Not at all !
Two or maybe three hundred pre-orders were mailed mainly on Monday (some on Tuesday)... roughly 1/3rd to Europe and nearly all the remaining 2/3rds to USA (which will probably only start arriving in 2 to 4 days time) .
Old 09-20-2007, 11:01 AM   #7
tsa
Playing character

I read on Adventure Island (a Dutch adventure site with an English name (WHY?!!)) a post from someone who had already finished the game. Amazing!
Old 09-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #8

Assuming the person is telling truth... and I have no reason to believe otherwise !
It depends upon TWO parameters at least :-

(1) Here it is now midnight Thursday/Friday (20/21 September)... and the same in the Netherlands.
If the person received the game on Wednesday morning and played it through continuously until a short while ago (i.e. about 36 hours) it is believable... somebody else did something similar, playing without stopping (except for 2 or 3 snacks) day and night.

(2) If somebody took my extremely detailed walkthrough and simply used it like a "recipe-manual" from start to finish... it would easily be possible in a dozen hours and probably less.
But there would be absolutely no purpose in playing that way... it would no longer be a game but simply a race!!

If the person combined (1) & (2) it would also be quite possible i.e. playing fairly continuously, and looking at the walkthrough to solve the very many puzzles in the game (not stand alone puzzles, but logical and discovery puzzles).
No big deal IMHO !!!
Old 09-20-2007, 10:16 PM   #9
tsa
Playing character

I think she did (1). She said she didn't use a walkthrough and she didn't find the game very difficult. And she had played the demo already, so I guess she used a savegame from that and went on where the demo had stopped. I am currently painting my desk, and after I've done that I have to install windows on my new iMac, so I'll have to wait a week or so before I can start playing. And then I first have to finish Other Worlds!