You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventures To Play?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 02:10 AM   #1
George Stobbart

Send a message via MSN to sultanbadza
Default Adventures To Play?

Could someone recommend me some good adventure game (1,7MHz, 256RAM, 64 MB Graphic)?
I played almost every adventure game on ScummVM, and I really don't know what to play... Runaway 2, Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened, Agatha Christie's games. The Longest Journey can't be played on my computer... Can someone recommend me some good game, but not so fameous? One that I didn't play?
Old 08-17-2007, 02:21 AM   #2

Some good 3rd-person adventures:
Secret Files: Tunguska
Syberia 1 and 2
The Moment of Silence

Some of the best Sierra games:
Gabriel Knight (all 3 games)
King's Quest VI

The Discworld trilogy and Broken Sword series is also well worth checking out, as is the Bone and Sam and Max games made by Telltale.

I haven't played Still Life, but I've heard that's pretty good too.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:29 AM   #3
George Stobbart

Syberia 1 and 2 - finished. Secret Files: Tunguska - finished. Sam & Max - finished last week. Broken Sword - my favourite game(s). I haven't played Gabriel Knight (only demos), but I cannot find it anywhere... King's Quest VI and Discworlds also.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:00 AM   #4

You could get the space quest and the king's quest collection. They will play on your computer. There'a very interesting game, called Lighthouse which I also think will play on your computer. I'm not sure about Keepsaker, though?

Have you tried Post Morten and Still Life? As for the Gabriel Knight Games, I think there's a three for one collection out, which you can get on the net.
If you want to play a game similar to GK, then try Delaware St. John games.
I think there's a Martin Mystere game out, but I'm not sure whether or not this is the same game as Das Eulemberg-Experiment??

Please also try going to this place: http://www.revolution.co.uk and download 'lure of the temptress' and' beneath a steel sky.' They are both released as freeware games (wee ) and they are both oldies, but goodies.

Scratches could maybe be played on your computer, too, like maybe Nibiru can?

edit: Flight of the amazon queen should be good, too.

Last edited by aries323; 08-17-2007 at 05:01 AM. Reason: content added
Old 08-17-2007, 06:08 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums sultanbadza!

Have a look at this thread which has links to game recommendation threads for specifically themed games. There's also a link to the reviews page which may help you find something that interests you.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultanbadza View Post
Could someone recommend me some good adventure game (1,7MHz, 256RAM, 64 MB Graphic)?
I played almost every adventure game on ScummVM, and I really don't know what to play... Runaway 2, Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened, Agatha Christie's games. The Longest Journey can't be played on my computer... Can someone recommend me some good game, but not so fameous? One that I didn't play?
A tale of two kingdoms.... Its a brand new fresh adventure game that plays like kings quest 5 & 6 . Its excellent and made by adventure game fans. It has 5 possible endings, multiple solutions to each puzzle, and 5 sidequests that make the game even longer (to get the best ending you need to find and finish these). Its a great game and i cant recommend it more. Plus being that its new it will run fine on the newer computers.

website to download for free is http://www.crystalshard.net/atotk.php
Its only 95mbs so it will download fast and you could be up and adventuring in 15mins.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultanbadza View Post
Just in case...
Well, whether or not you played already a lot of games, there is a "place" that I strongly recommend to visit. It has not a huge database (regretfully and I bet you will agree with me on that, later), but I saw nothing before that would match such detailed information about the games that are listed there...
All that made by one man, (an old collector), a pure Adventure Games lover.
The site is: http://www.game-nostalgia.com
Enjoy
Old 08-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #8

I need a new game to play too.. but im an adventure fan from lucasarts/sierra days.. so i think ive played them all.. lol. Just finished Tsunkga an runaway 2.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:03 PM   #9

Send a message via ICQ to Jadefalcon Send a message via MSN to Jadefalcon

IF you can get hold of it, Sanitarium is a good one.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGCrazied View Post
I need a new game to play too.. but im an adventure fan from lucasarts/sierra days.. so i think ive played them all.. lol. Just finished Tsunkga an runaway 2.
view my previous post in this topic. Check out a tale of two kingdoms. It fits right in the ole sierra lucas arts days. Its really a great game. Just browse around their site at the artwork and comments. And then of course download it
Old 08-25-2007, 03:22 AM   #11
George Stobbart

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries323 View Post
You could get the space quest and the king's quest collection. They will play on your computer. There'a very interesting game, called Lighthouse which I also think will play on your computer. I'm not sure about Keepsaker, though?

Have you tried Post Morten and Still Life? As for the Gabriel Knight Games, I think there's a three for one collection out, which you can get on the net.
If you want to play a game similar to GK, then try Delaware St. John games.
I think there's a Martin Mystere game out, but I'm not sure whether or not this is the same game as Das Eulemberg-Experiment??

Please also try going to this place: http://www.revolution.co.uk and download 'lure of the temptress' and' beneath a steel sky.' They are both released as freeware games (wee ) and they are both oldies, but goodies.

Scratches could maybe be played on your computer, too, like maybe Nibiru can?

edit: Flight of the amazon queen should be good, too.
Well, I would check this... But those games that can be played with ScummVM, I think I finished them all