You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Sam and Max, Season 1...=(

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2007, 03:22 AM   #61
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormsie View Post
I've experienced that people in general tend to comment on the subject matter of threads (e.g. you commented on the infamous clothing thread) and the direction the thread or an individual discussion in it is taking, whether they are mods or not. I think it's more like participating in a discussion, not looking out for others as Udvarnoky thought I meant it.

If I ever feel like that, I will.
Okay, as I've now received an infraction (Reason: Insulting followed by mocking of mod warning) at the forums, let me elaborate a bit. (EDIT: The infraction has expired, it seems, but in case there are still misunderstandings...)

Melanie's post I was referring to in the above quote: http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...20&postcount=2

And the bit in her post I was replying to was
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
Since it isn't your place to decide if or when a thread might be getting out of hand...
Apparently it was the "mocking of mod" that actually got me the infraction, as mods thought I was implying that Melanie68 had posted something similar to my post here. So, since apparently it was rather difficult to spot, let me just make clear that I wasn't implying anything like that.

Anyway. I sure am waiting for Season 1! The demo seemed like fun.

Last edited by Wormsie; 08-16-2007 at 04:20 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:39 AM   #62

Quote:
Okay, as I've now received an infraction (Reason: Insulting followed by mocking of mod warning) at the forums, let me elaborate a bit.

Melanie's post I was referring to: http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...20&postcount=2

And the bit in her post I was referring to was

Apparently it was the "mocking of mod" that actually got me the infraction.
I don't understand the problem here. That was a very innocent comment Wormsie made, and it was very much in place. This thread was getting out of hand, and it was really not called for to act like that, Melanie. Just because we are not mods, doesn't mean we are not allowed to have an opinion on what is going on. We got eyes to see with and we can see just as well as a mod.

Why aren't we allowed to make comments on other peoples behavior? This is a forum, and as a part of any healthy forum it involves people disagreeing about things. Like any other discussion, when things get out of hand, it's the people involved in the discussion who has to flag the warning sign and speak our mind.

Also, when Melanie first made that distasteful remark(which practically told us not to have an opinion on others behavior), Wormsie were polite and explained the opinion she/he had instead of getting upset for being told not to mean anything unless a mod means the same as him or her. That deserves kudoz, not a infraction.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:56 AM   #63
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Okay, as I've now received an infraction (Reason: Insulting followed by mocking of mod warning)
That's just silly, I don't see how anything you said was insulting or mocking, unless they grossly misinterpreted the meaning and tone of your comments.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 08-16-2007, 04:19 AM   #64
Doctor Watson

(Looks like my infraction has already expired.)
Old 08-16-2007, 05:00 AM   #65
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I got an e-mail recently that my season one dvd and the extras have been shipped!

Yeehaw!
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:11 AM   #66
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
I got an e-mail recently that my season one dvd and the extras have been shipped!

Yeehaw!
Where did you order it, directly from Telltale? I'd definitely want the extras as well... Or are they included in the normal package? CDON.com sells "a package of six on-line episodes and extra content (Making of DVD with interviews, poster, game trailers, printed Sam & Max comic)."
Old 08-16-2007, 06:33 AM   #67

I wasnt a fan of Sam n Max hot the road. I was too busy enjoying Gabriel Knight and other games to enjoy it that much.

I really liked Sam n Max Series 1 a lot though. The puzzles are not too hard and as I am a lot busier these days it makes it a lot better for me. I dont have days to figure out some annoying puzzle. I also found these puzzles more logical, I am not too good at the 'illogical' puzzles if I may call them that.

I struggled with a couple of things in the last episode which took me around 6 hours to complete (and I cheated a little). As I didnt see the door in the shuttle had a unopened window and a typical car dock lock I didnt think about the hanger and as I played the EP over 2 days I forgot Max mentioned that Leonard was hungry so he fed him something.

I think I also just wanted to finish the game so I could move on to some other game too, so didnt want to spend too much time on it. Anyway I am making excuses in my first post here.

I finished EP6 a few days ago and now I am thinking of reinstalling Gabriel Knight 3 as I havent gone back to where I was stuck from 4 years ago, should I? Is the game worth my time?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:42 AM   #68
Super Moderator

In response to those who are questioning the moderators' decisions, it's not something we'll get into publicly. However, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact any of the moderators or administrators privately.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:17 AM   #69
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Where did you order it, directly from Telltale? I'd definitely want the extras as well... Or are they included in the normal package? CDON.com sells "a package of six on-line episodes and extra content (Making of DVD with interviews, poster, game trailers, printed Sam & Max comic)."
Those extras are what come in the normal retail package. (Except for the "printed Sam & Max comic"... that's probably a mistake, unless CDON.com is selling some special package that I've never heard of. )

You can see what's in The Adventure Company's version here, and what's in Telltale's version here. There's some overlap, but at the end of the day the two are very different products.

EDIT: I looked at CDON.com, and it looks like they are selling JoWood's localized version of the retail release. The extras on that release are exactly the same as TAC's; the only difference is that TAC's version comes with the extras on a "bonus CD", and the international version has the games and the extras on one DVD.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:18 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
Those extras are what come in the normal retail package. (Except for the "printed Sam & Max comic"... that's probably a mistake, unless CDON.com is selling some special package that I've never heard of. )

EDIT: I looked at CDON.com, and it looks like they are selling JoWood's localized version of the retail release. The extras on that release are exactly the same as TAC's; the only difference is that TAC's version comes with the extras on a "bonus CD", and the international version has the games and the extras on one DVD.
So then it is with printed Sam & Max comic, right?
The product page says: This fan-pack consists of a package of six on-line episodes and extra content (Making of DVD with interviews, poster, game trailers, printed Sam & Max comic).( link: http://www.cdon.com/main.phtml?prod=...4&page=product )
Old 08-16-2007, 09:35 AM   #71
Friendly Server Admin

I think it's referring to the poster.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #72
The Reggienator

Quote:
Yeah I ordered it straight from Telltale's webstore.

Quote:
Sam & Max Season One Case File

Remember when old computer games came stuffed with all sorts of little awesome trinkets? We do! The Sam & Max Season One Case File is a goodie bag chock full of key evidence, random gizmos, and other refuse the Freelance Police picked up while unraveling their latest string of cases, and it slides right into the inside cover of the Season One DVD!

Included in the Case File: a Ted E. Bear fridge magnet, a Max for President campaign button, the front page of the Alien Love Triangle Times, a BoscoTech virulent disease, Brady Culture's prototype hypno-goggles, and a postcard from the Blister of Tranquility gift shop. The perfect complement to the Season One DVD, for the perfect price: damn cheap!
I didn't get the soundtrack, I only ordered this case file and the dvd.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:20 AM   #73
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

I purchased EVERYTHING at once. So when I bought all the episodes, am I right in understanding that even though I can download them all right now... I am going to still receive them all on one disc with the other bonus disc of extras?

I also saw the retail release at Best Buy yesterday and bought 2 copies. Only one left on the shelf. One for installing and opening, one for my collection!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:30 PM   #74
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
So then it is with printed Sam & Max comic, right?
There's no printed comic in any retail version.

Quote:
So when I bought all the episodes, am I right in understanding that even though I can download them all right now... I am going to still receive them all on one disc with the other bonus disc of extras?
Yep. EDIT: Well no, not exactly, you'll receive one DVD that has the games and video extras on it (can be viewed on your computer or on a TV DVD player). TAC's release is two CDs; Telltale's is one DVD.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:13 PM   #75

I thought it was great Gets a bit repetitive but I liked it anyway.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:17 AM   #76
The Reggienator

Wooooot!

The dvd and the case file arrived today!
Is the newspaper supposed to be like ripped and the lower half missing? the button's pin had done some pressure damage to the postcard, but it's ok!

I laughed&cried inside my head when I saw the front of the case file, the red date marked on it. The nightmarish day when Lucasarts did the most stupid thing they could ever do.

This whole set is very stylishly made, hooray for Telltale!

Old 09-06-2007, 11:43 AM   #77
fov
Rattenmonster

Yes, it's supposed to be ripped. In fact we ripped them by hand.

If you send me a PM with your address, I can mail you another postcard.

(Also the date is supposed to be the day after Bright Side of the Moon launched... it can be hard to read in the red ink... unless someone changed the date stamp when I wasn't looking. )
Old 09-06-2007, 11:53 AM   #78
The Reggienator

You are right fov, I was living the horror again and saw something my brain wanted to see or something.
The date is indeed the launch date of Bright Side of the Moon.

Heheh, cool that you ripped the newspapers by hand.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #79

If lucasarts didn't cancel FP then I don't think Telltale and these new Sam & Max games wouldn't exist. So It's kind of bitter sweet, but I'm kind of glad that it turned out this way. I do hope that one day FP does get released though.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:17 AM   #80
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

I think Season Two looks as promising as Freelance Police ever did. If it delivers I'm not going to long for The Game That Never Was anymore.