You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Perry Rhodan - new science-fiction adventure game.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2008, 06:14 AM   #81

I bought the game yesterday...and so far it seems awesome!!!
Cool graphics,great voice acting,superb cut-scenes...i reccomend this to any adventure game player(although to give my full reccomendation,i'll wait till i finish the game first).

BTW Rhodan's voice seems to be from the guy who gave his voice to the lead character in the Blade Runner game...
Old 06-02-2008, 08:33 AM   #82

Weirdly enough, still can order or pre-order from amazon - "We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
Old 06-02-2008, 09:41 AM   #83

Has anyone actually managed to find a cast list for the voice actors?
Old 06-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #84

Looks like the US release is now July 1st - Gamestop has the pre-order ship date as 6/30/2008 and for $19.99, which is cheap for a full adventure game

Last edited by mosdl; 06-02-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:02 PM   #85

So to summarize things about the English release, there's a UK version and a US version which are different from each other, the former was released already and the latter is still forthcoming?

Also, there seems to be a difference in the titles of the two versions;

The American version is going to be called The Immortals of Terra: A Perry Rhodan Adventure, as seen on Amazon.com and the US website;

The recently released UK version is called Rhodan: Myth of the Illochim (note the lack of "Perry" in the title!), as seen in Amazon.co.uk, Game.co.uk and on the UK website;

Non-English versions seem to be titled simply Perry Rhodan...

I've noticed that there's another supposedly English version, called Perry Rhodan: The Adventure, as seen in Amazon.co.uk when searching for "Perry Rhodan" under video games and scrolling a bit down;

This is also the only title that the game is listed under in Moby games, and the box above is what you see when you press on Shop in the UK website, see here; According to this it's actually the German version (the shop page is in German), so perhaps it's linked there by mistake, and was also listed on Amazon.co.uk by mistake.

Also note that this odd Amazon.co.uk listing and the Game.co.uk listing says that a company called Koch Media is the developer/publisher, and it's weird cause it wasn't mentioned in this thread when you discussed the companies involved, and already four companies have been mentioned
Old 06-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #86
Banned User

Interesting. Definitely prefer the American Boxart. It attempts at portraying the game as epic more than the others. Plus I prefer the title better. It also assumes that there will be future additions for the Rhodan games.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:44 PM   #87
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
Interesting. Definitely prefer the American Boxart. It attempts at portraying the game as epic more than the others. Plus I prefer the title better. It also assumes that there will be future additions for the Rhodan games.
It's quite a popular and long-running series with over 2,000 novellas, so there's a lot of potential game material. I would imagine it's a matter of the developers wanting (and having the budget) to do more of them. But if the game is as good as many are saying and that translates into sales...

http://www.adventuregamers.com/newsitem.php?id=1492 (there is a link to the official Perry Rhodan site in the article)
Old 06-04-2008, 10:53 AM   #88
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurebesh View Post
Yeah, it's apparently a German one (and thus the first one available, which would explain why some sellers put it up on their sites).

Quote:
Also note that this odd Amazon.co.uk listing and the Game.co.uk listing says that a company called Koch Media is the developer/publisher, and it's weird cause it wasn't mentioned in this thread when you discussed the companies involved, and already four companies have been mentioned
Oh, this part of the mystery is simple. Deep Silver is Koch Media's division/brand name for games. For the purpose of this discussion we can treat them as one, I think. So that leaves us with three companies somehow involved in the production: Deep Silver (= part of Koch Media), BrainGame, and 3d-io. (Fusionsphere Systems aren't; I mentioned them only to correct the claim about Secret Files: Tunguska.)
Old 06-04-2008, 01:07 PM   #89
Caffein Queen

Wow, just finished the game.
It's been a long time, since I've enjoyed a game this much.
The lenght was just right and so was the puzzles...

For a long time, I've usually been able to go through a game in 8-10 hours.
With this one it took me 3 days - of course I mean the hours after work
I took my time with it, just to make the enjoyment last longer.

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 06-04-2008, 03:36 PM   #90

According to Igor Posavec, boss of 3D-IO, the division of labor in the creation of the game was as follows:
( http://forum.perryrhodan.net/index.p...1&#entry396481 )

- Deepsilver was the publisher
- Braingame was the producer and also did the soundFX
- music composed by Martin Rosengarten and produced by Christian Steinhaeuser
- writing by Oliver Wronka, supported by Robert Feldhoff and Michael Markus Thurner (the first one is from braingame, the last two are authors of the Perry Rhodan series)
- all the rest, e.g. graphics and programming, was done by 3D-IO

links:
3DIO: www.3d-io.com
Igor Posavec: www.igorposavec.de
Braingame: www.braingame.de
Koch Media: www.kochmedia.com
DeepSilver: www.deepsilver.com
Martin Rosengarten: www.martin-rosengarten.de
Christian Steinhaeuser: www.christian-steinhaeuser.de
Robert Feldhoff: http://www.perry-rhodan.net/informat.../feldhoff.html
Michael Markus Thurner: http://www.perry-rhodan.net/informat...n/thurner.html

Hope this answers all questions!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:01 AM   #91
Dungeon Master

Many thanks for the info and welcome to AG, Menschmaschine!
Old 06-05-2008, 02:11 PM   #92
Under pressure.

What's up with the different titles? I'm not sure, but it seems like this happens a lot with adventure games only. Is it because of the publishers or something?

I like the 3rd box best, by the way.

--Erwin
Old 06-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br View Post
What's up with the different titles? I'm not sure, but it seems like this happens a lot with adventure games only. Is it because of the publishers or something?

I like the 3rd box best, by the way.

--Erwin
Perry Rhodan is a german series of books - so rather than use a name that means nothing to most people in the markets outside of Germany, they obviously tried to go with a title to convey that it is a scifi game (Immortals of Terra sounds almost like a cheesy movie though).
Old 06-05-2008, 07:23 PM   #94
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by doron View Post
Perry Rhodan is a german series of books - so rather than use a name that means nothing to most people in the markets outside of Germany, they obviously tried to go with a title to convey that it is a scifi game (Immortals of Terra sounds almost like a cheesy movie though).
Rhodan or Perry Rhodan sounds like a cheap BBC/Scifi Channel Scifi Series. Immortals of Terra sounds like a good name. It sounds epic and intellectual, far...FAR from cheesy.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:48 AM   #95

There's not much to choose between the names as far as I'm concerned, but the US box art is much better (so is the German one, come to that). Strange, because Deep Silver did a great job with the box for Secret Files: Tunguska.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:02 AM   #96

Another interesting link:
Sven Sauer: http://sauer-mattepainting.com/

I immensely enjoyed the "digital matte paintings" Sven Sauer did for Perry Rhodan. Worth a visit once you have completed the game.

I agree that the boxart could have been a lot better for the uk release.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:16 AM   #97

In case you want to have some media from the game:

All game data such as sound, pictures, animations, fonts and 3D-models and scenes are available as separate files under Program Files\Perry Rhodan\Data. The latter are saved in obfuscated formats. According to Igor Posavec, this is because it would otherwise be very easy to mod the game and do such naughty stuff like showing Mondra or Kari naked.
However, all the rest is available, simply look around a bit. Music, speech and sound effects are in the ogg format, which can be played for example with winamp. Pictures are in standard jpg, tga and png formats. Animations are in the Bink format, a player can be downloaded under www.radgametools.com. For instance, if you liked the holo dancers in the bar, look at the files dance_vertical.bik and dance_horizontal.bik . Note that the sound is not included with the animations, if you want it you need to find the corresponding sound file and merge it into the animation with the Bink tools.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:36 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP View Post
So that leaves us with three companies somehow involved in the production: Deep Silver (= part of Koch Media), BrainGame, and 3d-io.
Well, there's also Viva Media, which are in charge of the US version. They didn't contribute much to developement obviously, but they did create the name Immortals of Terra...
Who would you say is more in charge of proper developement? Braingame or 3d-io? I mean, is it a "BrainGame game" or a "3d-io game"?

By the way, does anybody know if there are any differences between Myth of the Illochim and The Immortals of Terra, aside from the title? Censorship, British vs. American voice-acting, etc.?
Old 06-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurebesh View Post
By the way, does anybody know if there are any differences between Myth of the Illochim and The Immortals of Terra, aside from the title? Censorship, British vs. American voice-acting, etc.?
Well, the UK version has a scene where
Spoiler:
the main character gets off his head on drugs. I'm not kidding.
I've no idea if it's in the US version, but I imagine it would have to be, as it's part of the plot.

Also, some of the terminology used by the characters is British English, e.g. 'football' and 'trousers'. Again, I don't know if that's been changed for the US version.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #100

Amazon has it on pre-order now for $19.99