You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventures on Pocket PC

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2007, 01:12 AM   #1

Default Adventures on Pocket PC

Yo

I just recently found out that a small list of adventures are on pocket PC. I've recently been thinking of getting one for various reasons and this is possibly another reason to get one.

What I'd like to know if there are many adventure games on it and what Pocket PCs work with games (presumably they get more powerful and you have to upgrade them to play the latest games like a normal PC).

Anyone with a Pocket PC able to help me out?
Old 06-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #2
Jugosloven

Heya buddy, i dont think i can help you, i have a Treo 680 with PalmOS, but i've seen monkey island, and a bunch of other titles being played on Pocket PC.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:23 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Check out these threads (they aren't super long but they may have some info for you):

Pocket pc adventures?
Myst...on PSP (this one is about Myst on the PSP but Sir Dave, who has done a lot of research on Pocket PC games, has some informative posts in there complete with links to some other info)
Old 06-02-2007, 06:37 AM   #4

Wow thanks. Thing is I'm aware there are different pocket PC formats. There's the Palm Series, Windows pocket PCs and I'm sure there are some other models that use different operating systems. Do these games work on all formats/ models?

I've got a PSP but there's no point me getting Myst for it as I've already got that on PC and I'm not a big fan of that. Riven would be great.

I'd like to play Atlantic though. Owning Broken Sword where-ever I go, with voice acting, would be amazing, and I might even be tempted to play Beneath a Steel Sky on a smaller screen where ever I go.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:30 PM   #5

Most of the retail Pocket PC adventure games are for Windows Mobile. However there are versions of ScummVM for Palm and Symbian versions as well.

As far as I know, Atlantis Redux is only available for Windows Mobile. You can search at sites like pocketgear.com handango.com clickgamer.com for adventure games. The retail adventure games I know about are

Atlantis Redux
Broken Sword
Deja Vu 1 and 2
Egyptian Prophecy
Fade
Gilbert Goodmate
Myst
Return to Mysterious Island
Riven
Secret of the Lost Cavern
Secrets of Da Vinci
Syberia 1 and 2
The Uninvited

Fade is the only one of these that is exclusive to Pocket PC and not a port. It's a good game overall, though I thought the ending could have been better.

Acedior is a game made for Palm by the makers of Fade
http://www.fade-team.com/acedior.htm
I haven't played it, but it looks really good.

In case you don't know about it, David Dolan's article is a good general reference for what is available for Pocket PC.
http://justadventure.com/articles/Po...bleGaming.shtm
Old 06-03-2007, 09:01 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple View Post
In case you don't know about it, David Dolan's article is a good general reference for what is available for Pocket PC.
http://justadventure.com/articles/Po...bleGaming.shtm
I knew SirDave had done a ton of research on this but didn't know there was a formal article associated with it. Thanks for the link.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:02 AM   #7

Yeah I just ordered this baby.

http://www.totalpda.co.uk/HTC-X7500-...Mobile-PC.aspx

Including VAT and a few other bits I bought with it it's emptying my pocket some £700.

Good thing I've done lots of overtime this month.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll check out Fade and the other game by the same team.

Now I can play adventures and carry on script writing in Munich.