You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure [Has been acquired!]Phantasmagoria - Places To Get it?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2007, 05:57 AM   #1
Banned User

Default [Has been acquired!]Phantasmagoria - Places To Get it?

Heya,

I was wondering if anyone knew where to get Phantasmagoria 1&2 online? I know Ebay has it but they ask A LOT of money for the originals. Any other place to look for? Thanks!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveYou View Post
I was wondering if anyone knew where to get Phantasmagoria 1&2 online? I know Ebay has it but they ask A LOT of money for the originals. Any other place to look for? Thanks!
Unfortunately, eBay and other auction sites are the only place you can get the game online, as Phantasmagoria has been out of print for quite some time.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:24 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Check out Amazon.com's marketplace. They have used copies which may be less expensive. I'm not sure where you're located so you may have to check your local Amazon site.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:27 AM   #4
eXo

Just keep checking eBay. the prices fluctuate ALOT.

I watch for around 2 weeks and eventually nabbed part 1 in the original case w/ manual for 5 bucks and part two in the original case w/ manual for 8 bucks.

If your impatient on eBay you'll always end up in a bidding war or paying a buy-it-now price.

A great example is KQ2 - I have been trying to get that game off eBay for months. Back in December it constantly went for over $30, and I won a copy yesterday for $2.

Anytime more then one person is on eBay looking for the same thing, the prices are gonna jump.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:48 AM   #5
Banned User

Hmmm.. I'm very impatient when I decide I want to get something Someone offered the both games in their original boxes for 40 bucks but they're used and not in the best condition...
Old 05-03-2007, 09:43 AM   #6
Supreme Dictator for Life

Try the Game Trading Zone. There are numerous copies of Phantasmagoria listed there.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #7
Under pressure.

I agree with eXo. Sometimes you have to be really patient, but I've seen games sell for 80 bucks one week, and then the same game for 20 bucks the other week. It's crazy.

--Erwin
Old 05-03-2007, 04:36 PM   #8

I have both Phantasmagorias, and am looking to purge my collection and get rid of them. My e-mail address is [email protected].
I don't have the boxes, or the official case for Phantasmagoria 1, but I have the case for Phantasmagoria 2, and manuals for both.
If you're interested, let me know.
Dustin

Last edited by Armand1880; 05-03-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:42 AM   #9
eXo

I just checked eBay and saw 3 copies of Phantasmagoria 1, in the original box w/ manual for under 10 bucks. One is at 3.99 w/ 24 hours to go.

Seriously, what more do you want?

Another great way to find old games is to search the name "in descriptions". Its easy to find games like this in huge PC game lots, which I have found the entire lot to be cheaper then individual games simply due to the fact that people don't look to see what are in lots half the time.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:02 AM   #10
Master of time and space

I'm usually ready to pay up to retail price if I REALLY want the game. Otherwise if I'm just curious I'm usually along for the bidding war up to about 50% of the retail price. Best example is Gears of War which I ended up paying €30. I wanted to know what all the fuzz was about, but I didn't want to buy it brand new for €65.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:49 AM   #11
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXo View Post
I just checked eBay and saw 3 copies of Phantasmagoria 1, in the original box w/ manual for under 10 bucks. One is at 3.99 w/ 24 hours to go.

Seriously, what more do you want?
Well I've been trying to get one off Ebay. However, the price goes really high each time, during the last two hours. People usually wait for the last minute before they bid too. I'm willing to pay 10 euros for one. Plus I need to pay the shipping costs, which usually add another 10 euros to the price.

I'm currently bidding on Ebay for Phantasmagoria 1, the cost right now is 6,16€ and there's 5 hours time left. I bet the price goes (once again) to the roof when there's 1 hour time left.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:03 AM   #12
Banned User

This thread can be closed as I just bought the game hehe
Old 05-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #13
QFG

eBay after all?
Old 05-06-2007, 04:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveYou View Post
Heya,

Ebay has it but they ask A LOT of money for the originals. Any other place to look for? Thanks!
I managed to get a mint copy from ebay of the first for £10. The box and CDs looked like straight out of the factory.

In any case for others thinking of getting the first I don't think it's worth getting them. It's more like an interactive movie. Do yourself a financial favour and try watching the game on youtube. I know there was someone who captured it from start to finish.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:32 AM   #15
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFG View Post
eBay after all?
YEp, was lucky. 10€