You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Time for a new community playthrough?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2009, 06:01 AM   #321
Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Just curious...

Would anybody be interested in a community playthrough of Bad Mojo, not necessarily right now since a decision has already been reached, but some time in the future?
Absolutely! Actually, It's been a while I'm looking for that game.

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #322

Quote:
interested in a community playthrough of Bad Mojo
Yeah! I hadn't thought about it since I've played it so many times, but I'm sure there are a few things to discuss in that game. And I'm curious to see what other gamers think of it.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #323
Pixiehunter

Is it easy to get nowadays? The concept looks interesting, so if it will be a playthrough I will try to get it.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaron View Post
Absolutely! Actually, It's been a while I'm looking for that game.
I'm the same - been wanting to play Bad Mojo for a long time now, but whenever I've thought of checking ebay its never there
Haven't looked in a while though, so I'll pick up my search once again. Although, judging by my ever growing 'currently playing list', I should probably just start concentrating on them first.

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance
Old 12-09-2009, 12:00 AM   #325
Senior *female* member

Already four people interested, great! It's such a unique and cool game. I hope we can turn this into a playthrough in the not too distant future (early 2010?) and I know just the guy to host it. If he is willing, of course. See the Bad Mojo thread in the hints forum.

A warning to make sure everybody knows what they're letting themselves in for before they buy the game:

- Cockroaches sometimes visit yucky places. I never felt like snacking when I was playing Bad Mojo.
- It's a third-person game and you use the keyboard to control your cute little cockroach avatar.

There are lots of inexpensive copies available on ebay, at amazon and also at gametz. Make sure you buy the Redux version, which runs on XP (don't know about Vista) and has slightly better graphics than the original.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:11 AM   #326
Failed Birthday Elf

I think I remember a demo of this years ago, but my rubbish old computer wouldn't run it properly or something. Be interested to give it a go though if it's relatively cheap/easy to obtain.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:38 AM   #327

There is a download version (DRM-protected, as always) of Bad Mojo Redux here. I don't know how Vista and later operating systems handle it, though. I own the boxed version but it refused to play the QuickTime videos in Vista, and I didn't spend much time on getting it to work since I still keep two older computers around for backwards compatibility.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:29 AM   #328
Senior Passer-by

Hi, everybody!

Where I'm from they say that a person hiccups a lot while being spoken of by someone (or by a group of people) not present. Since I couldn't stop my hiccups the whole day through I decided to take a look at this thread and wasn't at all surprised to find out that Fien mentioned me (or at least it looks to me like that):
Quote:
... I hope we can turn this into a playthrough in the not too distant future (early 2010?) and I know just the guy to host it. If he is willing, of course. See the Bad Mojo thread in the hints forum.
So, here I am, and I'm willing to bite the bullet and take the role of the host of the Bad Mojo playthrough (crawlthrough, actually ) if you want me to.

Now, do not let that Join Date in my profile fool you: I'm new here, just started posting at AG forums, but I love adventure games, I've played some seventy of them and if it weren't for the language barrier (I speak English better than Tarzan, but nowhere near as I speak my native language) I could easily say that I am very much the right person to steer the playthrough of the cockroaches here. After all, I already did it once (finished doing so at a local forum only couple of days ago), so I guess I could do it twice just as well. If you don't expect too much (hopefully) you'll get plenty.

OK, that's all from me for my introductory post in this thread. I still have a lot of reading to do (I read this whole thread, though) to catch up a little with you guys and see how things are done here.

Cheers!

Last edited by zobraks; 12-09-2009 at 08:35 AM. Reason: the link
Old 12-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #329
Senior *female* member

There have been 11 community playthroughs so far, Zobraks. You can find them with the search function and get an impression of how we do it here, which may be different from your own modus operandi. It's great that a big fan like you is willing to take the lead in a Bad Mojo "crawlthrough".

PS: You won't learn much from this thread, it's just talk about what game and when and who...
Old 12-13-2009, 02:53 AM   #330

The game can be found here, if anyone is interested.

http://www.knightdiscounts.com/softw...nadventure.htm
Old 12-13-2009, 03:31 AM   #331
long live the dragons

Send a message via MSN to pointandcliklover

well i like the idea of playing all of them, so if gk2 or any of the others is around the jan 24th mark (after exams) i willl deff join in.

Marise-Chiko
Old 12-13-2009, 03:38 AM   #332
Pixiehunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
The game can be found here, if anyone is interested.

http://www.knightdiscounts.com/softw...nadventure.htm
A bit off topic, but does that site also ship to countries outside the US? The Netherlands for example?

@pointandcliklover: I don't know when we will start, it all depends on when Andrea (if he is still willing to lead it ) can start. Myself, I hope it will not start until after the Christmas holiday, but we'll just wait and see.
BTW: good luck with your exams!
Old 12-13-2009, 04:20 AM   #333
Senior *female* member

Luna, if you'd rather not get it from ebay, there's also InteractCD.com ($9.95 + shipping). Very reliable, fast delivery, great service. I've bought over 25 games from them.

PS: I seem to remember Andrea said he would lead the GK playthrough?
Old 12-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #334
long live the dragons

Send a message via MSN to pointandcliklover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
A bit off topic, but does that site also ship to countries outside the US? The Netherlands for example?

@pointandcliklover: I don't know when we will start, it all depends on when Andrea (if he is still willing to lead it ) can start. Myself, I hope it will not start until after the Christmas holiday, but we'll just wait and see.
BTW: good luck with your exams!
thanks i will need it quantum mechanics this term yuck. lol

Marise-Chiko
Old 12-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #335
Chicken with a bite

I have bought Bad Mojo Redux a while ago and haven't gotten around to playing it so I would be interested in joining.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:13 AM   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
Here's what it says on the site:

Do you ship outside the US?
Sure. Actually about 20% of our sales come from outside the US. There are several ways to order. If you're paying with credit card (Paypal) you must have a confirmed shipping address. You can use the shopping cart as you normally would then after checkout we will pack your order and calculate your shipping options. We'll then email you your shipping options and request additional payment. Keep in mind, only Express Mail includes international insurance & tracking and it is expensive (+$20). We can ship cheaper (first class or priority mail) but you would have to pay with money order or bank transfer.

To avoid the need to make two payments, you can email your orders or fill out the form here. Once your order is packed, we'll email you your shipping options with payment instructions.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:31 AM   #337
Pixiehunter

Thanks Sharon
Well, there seem to be plenty of places to get Bad Mojo, so if that will be subject of a PT, I will join!

@Fien: indeed, Andrea said he would lead the GK PT, but I thought to verbalize it very cautious, just in case his interest and/or time available has ceased
Old 12-16-2009, 05:28 AM   #338

Is it GK1 we will be playing? I have all the GK's and would love to join the playthru.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:45 AM   #339
Senior *female* member

Maybe Andrea could let us know when he will be ready to host the next GK playthrough?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:43 AM   #340
The Quiet One

I don't want or mean to rush you, Andrea, but I've got cravings to replay a classic adventure game here. If it is going to be a Gabriel Knight game then I hope it's soon.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour