You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #21
Club a seal or two

My copy had no bandana in it either. What gives?
Does Ben ever wear a bandana at some point in the game? I can't remember.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:12 PM   #22
eXo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaker View Post
I've just won this game on eBay and I'm really looking forward receiving it. Hope it lives up to my expectations.
are you the guy who outbid me and ended up paying $17 for it? lol
Old 02-07-2007, 10:49 PM   #23
Banned User

I really love Full Throttle.

My dad and 2 of his friends had this thing where they bought a new game once every month or so. And then we had the game about 1 week and then it was the others turns to get the game.

I remember when we got Full Throttle. At first I finished the demo about 30 times. And then I got the full game. I wouldnt play any other games than Full Throttle. And I was the first to finish the game. Kinda hard when you're a little kid and you don't understand english so good

But I never get tired of this game. And I was really looking forward when I saw they would make a sequal. Then I saw a couple of screenshots of the game. Dissapointed with all that action in it so I'm glad they cancelled it.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:55 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXo View Post
are you the guy who outbid me and ended up paying $17 for it? lol
No, bought it at the dutch part of eBay (it's also a version with a Dutch booklet) and I paid about 6,02 Euro for it.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:16 PM   #25

I know this has nothing to do with bandanas (what a shame, huh. ), but I just finished Full Throttle last night after playing it only once years ago. (Technically I didn't even play it back then. I watched my bro play - since it was his game.) Man, this game is incredible! So atmospheric. Every location was a lot of fun. I was about to write a list of my favourite parts but realized I pretty much had summed up every location. It was very short, but I don't mind the occassional short game - especially if the story is fully told and fun was had. This game just reminded me why we all loved LucasArts back in the day. To bad we never got the Payback sequel. (But I'm glad we didn't get the other sequel from a few years back.)

Definately worth the $9.95 price for the re-release copy!
Old 03-06-2007, 09:20 PM   #26
QFG

Anyone remember the small egg where you could get Ben to play the knife-through-fingers game in the bar?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #27

I vaguely remember that, but didn't try it this time. How do you get the easter egg again?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:03 PM   #28

I think you keep nagging the guy.

I also played it for the first time due to the new re-release. Great atmosphere. Amazing soundtrack. Couple of the puzzles annoyed me, like finding the correct object to use in the truck engine where you had a pretty much identical (if not better) one in your inventory already. But minor niggle. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Next, The Dig. I've played 1/2 of that a few years back, looking forward to starting again and finishing it.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:09 PM   #29

I lent my sister my newly bought copy of The Dig. (Those re-releases rock! I bought all the adventure ones to replace my scratched original copies - to bad we haven't got a Fate of Atlantis or Day of the Tentacle re-release.) She says she's having a great time! The Dig's puzzles were a little over my head when I played it originally back in the day. I think next for me is either Hit the Road (which I might save until the season one hiatus of the Telltales series) or Grim Fandango for like the tenth time.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:11 PM   #30
Super Moderator

I need to finish Full Throttle. For some reason, it didn't want to work in Scumm for me (I'll try it again) and I ran it on Windows. The sound got all weird on me part way through.

I liked The Dig a lot. Really great atmosphere as well (but in a different way obviously).
Old 03-06-2007, 10:12 PM   #31

If you're willing to import they have recently released an XP compatible version of Full Throttle in Australia and the UK. The Australian price is $9.95 which is about $7 US.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:34 AM   #32
Biomechanoid

Send a message via MSN to Bobske

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
I need to finish Full Throttle. For some reason, it didn't want to work in Scumm for me (I'll try it again) and I ran it on Windows. The sound got all weird on me part way through.
Use VDMsound, it works perfectly with Full Throttle!

Any news on the sequel? Is the action game still on hold or do we finally get a real sequel?