Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Full Throttle (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/18772-full-throttle.html)

Kolzig 02-05-2007 02:04 PM

Full Throttle

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1...60262i4oa5.jpg

Hey, let's talk about this awesome game for a moment.

Man, it's soooooooo grrrreat.
The best garageband soundtrack ever, some of the greatest voice actors ever, excellent plot.

But anyways, now to the real point of why I created this thread. I know that there have several different version sold of the game and some version, possibly the big big USA box version, included a FT bandana with it.

Does anyone have one of those bandanas?

If you have, take a picture of yourself with the bandana or something, or be a good person and sell me one FT bandana. :7 or you can of course also tell me your address and I can come and kill you and steal the bandana admire that Full Throttle bandana of yours.

eXo 02-05-2007 02:44 PM

hides bandana

jp-30 02-05-2007 02:48 PM

Check the LucasArts Museum

Scoville 02-05-2007 04:40 PM

I have a US box version from when it first released, but it doesn't have a bandana. It does have a small, shiny skull sticker on the front that says, "Limited Edition with FREE mini-strategy guide inside".

Not the greatest LE bonus ever.

Sneaker 02-05-2007 04:57 PM

I've just won this game on eBay and I'm really looking forward receiving it. Hope it lives up to my expectations.

Crapstorm 02-05-2007 08:09 PM

Uh oh. NEVER go into an adventure game with high expectations.

Sneaker 02-06-2007 07:47 AM

I think I'll be alright. The only major problem I read, it was that it's a bit on the short side. But overall, most of the reviews were very positive.

Ghettobob22 02-06-2007 08:02 AM

Full Throttle is currently my favorite Adventure game and now that I know theres a bandana...I'm gonna need some kind of holy war to get my hands on a couple...

Jonatan 02-06-2007 09:32 AM

why? nobody, I repeat NOBODY looks cool with a bandana.
that, of course. excludes you Chuck:)

SoccerDude28 02-06-2007 09:46 AM

I loved full throttle. The only complaint I had about it back then was it's level of difficulty. I finished it in one sitting and it took me about 3-4 hours.

Kolzig 02-06-2007 11:54 AM

I know about LucasArts museum, that's the only place where I've seen a pic of the bandana so it's old news to me.

But no one in AGs has the FT bandana?
I bet Jake has one, or ExtRemo, or maybe Doug... hmmmM. :frown:

I'm so sad right now, won't anybody donate me one of these oh so pretty bandanas and make me a happy man? :D

Putrid Moldyman 02-06-2007 01:40 PM

I loooooove Full Throttle. It's been ages since I've played it, but I think I have fonder memories of it than nearly any AG out there. I absolutely love the game's climax and the way it ends, too.

CrimsonBlue 02-06-2007 02:13 PM

Full Throttle was good, but nowhere near Schafer's finest. Grim Fandango walks all over it. That said, Full Throttle is probably my least half-modern LucasArts adventure game. Also thought the mouse movement was somewhat unbalanced, which is strange considering LucasArts history. Thankfully, that was fixed in CMI.

Crapstorm 02-06-2007 02:45 PM

A mark of Schafer's genius is that he is able to create protagonists that are completely unique to the genre, with personalities that are admirable and unforgettable. You can't wait to see how they are going to react when you attempt to solve something. Most developers these days just crank away at the April Walker clone machine.

Jake 02-07-2007 01:34 AM

I love Full Throttle. It has some retarded puzzles, but the universe, atmosphere, characters, story, music, etc etc are all top notch, and, really, even though the puzzles are sometimes a bit suspect, I don't think Full Throttle would work that well as anything but a story in which you are a participant, so I'm glad it's an interactive game, and not just a movie or cartoon show or something.

Also, I have one of those bandanas, but I don't have a working digital camera. Sorry!

jp-30 02-07-2007 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolzig (Post 388395)
I know about LucasArts museum, that's the only place where I've seen a pic of the bandana so it's old news to me.

Oh, you're welcome.

tsa 02-07-2007 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crapstorm (Post 388245)
Uh oh. NEVER go into an adventure game with high expectations.

Exactly. Do not, for instance, expect your playing character to flatten any boxes in this game.

DustyShinigami 02-07-2007 03:29 AM

I got my own copy of Full Throttle the other week for only 99p from GameStation, so i was quite chuffed with that. I've heard some pretty reasonable reviews about it and my friend told me about it too but i've never seen it anywhere.

Kolzig 02-07-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake (Post 388552)
Also, I have one of those bandanas, but I don't have a working digital camera. Sorry!

Arrrrr! I knew it! :D

Crapstorm 02-07-2007 01:29 PM

I used to have a box full of the bandanas, but I donated them all to the Special Olympics Foundation clothing drive.