You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2007, 02:10 AM   #21
Psycho Game Maker

Just had to add I really like the game so far.
Mikes Room
Old 04-04-2007, 02:26 PM   #22
Roman5

Just started it today. How is it they can have new cutting edge details like the shine and reflection of gloss paint on doors or the glass on street lamps, yet can't manage to make horse cartwheels or curves on arches actually round.
Game seems ok so far and I'm glad they've kept sherlocks voice from silver earring. My biggest gripe so far is that they made it first person. Not that I mind first person, but it means I have to lean forward to play this with WASD, and I prefer to sit back and click buttons on my mouse ( that's usually the beauty and attraction for me of most point 'n clicks ), unless I'm playing a shoot 'em up. There's some other smaller things I've noticed but which aren't much to be too bothered about. There's an issue with a sound glitch, it tends to loop and crackle in the menu and during level loading. And sometimes my charater doesn't stop moving and tends to keep slowly sliding. Also, there is no colour differenciation in text between characters which they had in the silver earring.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
What did you like about it smulan?
It´s a good story, the caracters are true to Doyle´s originals, the gameplay is in parts innovative, the melting of of Doyle and Lovecraft surprisingly satisfying.

The clever but poorly implemented ideas from Silver Earring are developed and done very well.

Enjoy it Melanie.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:35 PM   #24
Your average crooner

Just to add some information: there is a tradition in Sherlock Holmes which is merging the character with other myths. Some famous workers in those kind of stories are Nicholas Meyer or Robert Lee Hall. In Spain we have Rodolfo Martinez, who in his awarded story "La sabidurÃ*a de los muertos" ("knowledge of the Dead") already merged the Lovecraft and Doyle universe. Enough trivia
Old 04-06-2007, 03:11 PM   #25
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
What did you like about it smulan?

I'm getting the game. I'm a sucker for Sherlock Holmes and I've had fun with the previous entries.

hi am new here can you tell me what sherlock holmes games do you have.

with my love
Old 04-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #26
Super Moderator

I have Mystery of the Mummy and Secret of the Silver Earring.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:29 AM   #27
Your average crooner

And... you liked... both? Is there an adventure you don't like?
Old 04-08-2007, 01:46 PM   #28
King Silly

I have to say, I don't back off to break with adventure games often, but The Awakened started to annoy me a lot.

Way too much pixel hunting, silly puzzles and often pretty illogical. It was a promising start, but I guess they wanted to make this story way too "big" save the world kinda thing. If they just would've made it a simple murder mystery, it would've been great. I mean I love sreaching out clues and that's where pixel-hunting is kinda appropriate. But it feels like it never ends.