You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Overclocked and Penumbra Screenshots Added

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2006, 01:41 PM   #1
It's Hard To Be Humble

Default Overclocked and Penumbra Screenshots Added

I'm sure the AG staff have articles coming to accompany these, but I noticed that new screenshots for two upcoming adventure games have been posted on the main page. I know nothing about Penumbra,but it certainly looks suitably creepy, and I can't tell you how intrigued I am by Overclocked. That game can't come out fast enough for me.

Anyone else excited about either of these titles yet, or am I alone here?

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 12-28-2006 at 01:44 PM. Reason: fixed links
Old 12-28-2006, 03:15 PM   #2
capsized.

I've never heard of "Penumbra", but I've been curious about "Overclocked" ever since its announcement. Oh, and I just love the, eh, poignancy of this scene. Oh, and the glimmer cast by streetlights, of course.

This could become really interesting.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:27 PM   #3
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
Oh, and I just love the, eh, poignancy of this scene. Oh, and the glimmer cast by streetlights, of course.
LOL! I had wondered if anyone would comment on that shot.

Yes, that shot does suddenly give it a flavour that may very well polarize the AGers, I'll admit. Personally, it ups the ante for me. I'm intrigued as to how they can justify that sequence within the context of the story. I'm eager to see if they manage to make it relevant to the plot, as opposed to gratuitous 'adult' content. But at least it promises a strong story, which is what I'm craving just now.

However, I rather enjoyed the filmis quality of the new screenshots all around. I'm looking forward to wandering through that landscape a great deal. The story those shots invoke is very interesting to me. Very interesting indeed.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
Hopeful skeptic

Just to clarify, the screenshots section has nothing to do with new articles. We post all the latest screenshots to upcoming games in that section.

As for that particular Overclocked screenshot, I believe that's the condition each of the soon-to-be-patients is found in early in the game (namely: nearly naked, disoriented, and armed), so I don't think that's from a playable section. That game will definitely be moving up on the Hype-o-Meter in the new year.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:24 AM   #5
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
LOL! I had wondered if anyone would comment on that shot.
Come on, it's the internet!

Quote:
Yes, that shot does suddenly give it a flavour that may very well polarize the AGers, I'll admit. Personally, it ups the ante for me. I'm intrigued as to how they can justify that sequence within the context of the story. I'm eager to see if they manage to make it relevant to the plot, as opposed to gratuitous 'adult' content.
Well, as the game shapes up to be a journey into violence, from a different perspective than, say, "Postal", even: I don't doubt it. Still, what's wrong with panties? Why does everything even slightly gratuitous need to be justified by "story context" these days? Bah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
As for that particular Overclocked screenshot, I believe that's the condition each of the soon-to-be-patients is found in early in the game (namely: nearly naked, disoriented, and armed), so I don't think that's from a playable section. That game will definitely be moving up on the Hype-o-Meter in the new year.
Yeah, it looks a little bit disturbing, actually (in an intriguing way). But I'm sure you have all found that out for yourselves already. Her shoulders and neck look slightly bruised, and something in me's not sure if it does want to find out what happened to that woman at all. While on the other hand...

Yes. Intriguing. I didn't know the release date was just right around the corner! The current release date, that is.

Last edited by samIamsad; 12-29-2006 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:54 AM   #6
bitwise xor

Penumbra is one I'm really looking forward to, I like it's focus on exploration and poking around which is nice when every other real-time first person game is a shooter or basher of some kind. The way that you manipulate everything is neat too, everything is run by physics that you interact with via your 'hand', so you can grab a door and open it slightly to peek through or throw the door open quickly or drag some boxes in front of it to stop it being opened and whatnot.

There is a Penumbra "technology demonstration" here you can check out that has a short bit of gameplay. After this was recieved well they decided to make a proper game from it.

Old 12-29-2006, 08:39 AM   #7
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Just to clarify, the screenshots section has nothing to do with new articles. We post all the latest screenshots to upcoming games in that section.
*nods* I remember the original article published for Overclocked, and realize that the next article published about it will most likely be a review, if noyhing newsworthy happens between now and release. However, my addled brain doesn't recall seeing an article about Penumbra: Overture, so I suspect I'll have to go do some searching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
*big grin* I'm quite looking forward to the game already.

Quote:
Come on, it's the internet!
What? Weirder things have happened.

Quote:
Well, as the game shapes up to be a journey into violence, from a different perspective than, say, "Postal", even: I don't doubt it. Still, what's wrong with panties? Why does everything even slightly gratuitous need to be justified by "story context" these days? Bah...
Nothing wrong with panties, man. I'm a fan of TLJ and Dreamfall, remember. Underpants are almost a uniform unto themselves, in my books. *chuckles*
Old 12-29-2006, 08:57 AM   #8
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
However, my addled brain doesn't recall seeing an article about Penumbra: Overture, so I suspect I'll have to go do some searching.
Well, we did a news item on it. That counts. (And seriously, is often the place to find game information when we haven't got any full-fledged coverage of the game elsewhere.)
Old 12-29-2006, 04:19 PM   #9
It's Hard To Be Humble

Thank you, Jack. I did indeed miss that news item. It was a crazy week.