You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure HELP! Need to identify game title!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2006, 08:18 PM   #1

Default HELP! Need to identify game title!!

Hi,

I am looking for an OLD PC game I used to play. I think it was on Windows 95, maybe even earlier than that. I don't remember the name for the life of me. All I can do is describe it. It was in first person ... and you kept traveling down these paths. There were corn stalks/woods on both sides of the path and sometimes you would come to a fork in the road and have to choose which way you wanted to go. Eventually, you would make your way to a campfire? There were skulls for rocks all over the place..and you would come to an old school house too. As you walked along the paths and to these places..you had to scroll your mouse over the areas and if the icon chancged, it meant you found a clue. I think the story went that you were looking for a murderer or a person or something. I was very young, I can't remember much. I may be mistaken but the name Christian rings a bell. I think i tmay have been the name of the chracter that you played in the game. The theme of the game was sort of dark. As you walk down the paths you would come to different places and find more clues. Mostly click and play i think. There MAY have been a very small amount of typing. But I'm pretty sure it was click and play. The theme of the game was very dark. I would appreciate ALL help in finding the title.Thanks alot for your help. I would LOVE to find this old game again. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:20 PM   #2

Do any of these titles ring a bell? http://www.a-for-adventure.com/view.php?id=2

Do you have any more info than that?
Old 06-15-2006, 09:23 AM   #3
"But... It's Pink."

Oooh, blimey. Y'know, that does sound familiar to me, though I may be thinking of something entirely different. Was there another character called Phillip?

*EDIT* Nope, I don't think it's the same. The game I was thinking of was "Faery Tale Adventure". Nice little trip down memory lane there, though.

Last edited by Psychocandy; 06-15-2006 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:46 PM   #4

OOh. I love these threads. We should start a thread where we do this over and over again.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:04 PM   #5

I'm looking for this game, it's an adventure game, and I don't know the title. You control this man and he goes from screen to screen picking up stuff and talking to people, giving items to people, combining items with each other and using items with certain objects on the backdrop. It's for the pc and uses the mouse. Thanks.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:22 PM   #6
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatchef
I'm looking for this game, it's an adventure game, and I don't know the title. You control this man and he goes from screen to screen picking up stuff and talking to people, giving items to people, combining items with each other and using items with certain objects on the backdrop. It's for the pc and uses the mouse. Thanks.
You forgot to say, "Sorry for my bad English!" even though the entire post was pretty well written.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:19 PM   #7
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Myst.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:38 PM   #8

Default RE : identifying game

Hi,
I'm sorry none of those titles look familier. I was very young I don't remember much. I looked through all the screencaps on , I'm pretty sure, all of those games listed and the only ones that come close to it are The Prophecy and Black Sect. I don't think its either one of those, but it looks a little similer. All I remember is what I said in my first post. There were paths you were walking down, it was always dark outside I think..and stalks/woods on both sides of the path... you would have to choose which direction you went in sometimes. You would come to different scenes like a schoolhouse..and a campfire/site and maybe even a riverbank? I think you'd find a dead body floating in the river or a dagger or something. I don't think there was any moving video in the game though. Mostly just still scenes with small txt captions at the bottom. It's an older game... early 90s..maybe even late 80s. Point and click. Mystery/horror...dark theme. Everytime you scrolled your mouse over the different items in the parricualr scene..such as the campfire... if the cursor changed to a magnifing glass..it meant you found a clue..and then you would click on it and get a bit of info. I think the guy you play was looking for a murderer or something. Sorry I'm so vague. I'd really like to find this freaking stupid game though lol. Please guys! Theres not much more I can tell you. It wasn't a DOS game..for the PC..Windows 95 maybe , or even before, Windows 3.x.... I dont think it was 98 but I could be wrong. Definatly no later then Windows 98. My uncle had it on a 3 1/2 floppy disc. He says he thinks it was a demo he DL'd off the Internet at the time. It was a long time ago..so the net wasn't around for very long then I don't think. Thanks guys. I'm sure the name Christian rings a bell but I could be completly wrong..for the character you play anyway. It was 1st person too I'm prety sure.

-K
Old 06-19-2006, 12:56 AM   #9

Hi krikle,

Not sure which game this could be either, but try browsing through the adventure game listings at Mobygames. You can browse by year, operating system etc. and most of the games have screenshots so you should be able to recognize the right one if it's there.

Windows 95 didn't enter the picture until 1995, so it's probably Win 3.x if you're sure this was in the late eighties/early nineties (Windows 3.0 was released in 1990).
Old 06-19-2006, 04:00 AM   #10
Kung Fu Code Poet

Quote:
I think you mean Quake. You run from screen to screen picking up things like health bonuses and the "Quad Damage", and you talk to people (You say things like "DIE you dirty rotten bastard!") and then you use items like your rocket launcher and "give" it to them. And it is quite an adventure, playing online and getting you butt kicked by 12 year olds.

( and just yesterday I was whining about wannabe comedians who post unhelpful comments on forums )

Last edited by jacog; 06-19-2006 at 04:07 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:14 PM   #11

do you know if it was set in modern times?

When I do advanced google searches based on your clues, all I ever get is your post here and at IGN hehe

Last edited by beatchef; 06-19-2006 at 04:41 PM. Reason: didn't read the description properly