You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure "Easy" adventure game suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2006, 04:50 AM   #21
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fienepien
Discworld quite simple?!?

You must be a genius! Great enjoyable games, but I swear I have never heard anyone call the Discworld series simple, especially Discworld 1 of course. It's true that the sequel is a little bit easier or should I say less hard. The third one is a different kettle of fish.

You don't have to be a genius to find the Discworld games easy (never simple). Au contraire, you have to understand (or at least know) the logic of Terry Pratchett and his Discworld novels. It's a way of life, I tell you.

The best example is the Quantum Weather Butterfly an early version of which can be found in the first game. It's just a normal butterfly there, but the concept is already the same. You might have heard of the "Butterfly Effect" which states that the air being moved by a Butterfly flapping his wings at any time in America (or any other place) might eventually lead to a Tornado to occur in China (for example). It's part of the Chaos theory. The Quantum Weather Butterfly parodies that concept by taking the idea a bit further. In the game it's not yet a species, but the "Butterfly Effect" is still being demonstrated.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 06-03-2006, 04:59 AM   #22
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I found Discworld 2 really easy, but the original is a ridiculously tough game...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-03-2006, 05:33 AM   #23
Roman5

I played discworld in about 1995 or 1996 on a playstation. I absolutely loved that game. Pretty hard because of some obscure puzzle solutions but oh what a great game.

Old 06-03-2006, 06:42 AM   #24

Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys. I got my old copy of Kings Quest VII running. Is that pretty easy throughout?
Old 06-03-2006, 05:47 PM   #25
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
You don't have to be a genius to find the Discworld games easy (never simple). Au contraire, you have to understand (or at least know) the logic of Terry Pratchett and his Discworld novels. It's a way of life, I tell you.
I confess I haven't read any of Pratchett's novels. I might one day, but probably not. So much to read and watch and play and feel and think about, so little time... especially at my advanced age.

Quote:
The best example is the Quantum Weather Butterfly an early version of which can be found in the first game. It's just a normal butterfly there, but the concept is already the same. You might have heard of the "Butterfly Effect"
Yes, yes, Madame has heard of the butterfly...
I have also played Chaos: A Fantasy Adventure. Have you? If you enjoy chaos-theory related puzzles it may be right up your alley.

Quote:
The Quantum Weather Butterfly parodies that concept by taking the idea a bit further. In the game it's not yet a species, but the "Butterfly Effect" is still being demonstrated.
Using the butterfly is easy, like you said, but if you figured out the rationale behind the solution to the monk puzzle, I do believe you are a creative genius. I know I am not. I was able to solve the easier puzzles and even a few of the whacky ones, which was very good for my ego. But overall I found the puzzles insanely difficult. And I'm not alone in this.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:03 PM   #26

I haven't read most of this thread, so forgive me if what I say has already been mentioned.

I find that a lot of the time, when I get stuck in adventure games these days, it is more a problem with me knowing what the system can do rather than actually having problems with the logic. For instance, in Scratches, -
Spoiler:
as soon as I got the leaf of that plant in the greenhouse, I figured I had to grind it up, before I knew anything about the amulet at all. However, when I went to mess with the grinder, I was apparently missing the hotspot on it to open the top. I tried clicking EVERYWHERE on that bastard, but nothing happened except the drawer opening and closing, and the wheel turning; I somehow just missed the spot you need to open the top

So, in my spoiler wrapped example, I went to it, could not open it, so I figured my hunch was wrong and just moved on and had no idea what to do. I was stuck for a good long time later before I ended up biting the bullet and going to a FAQ, because, frankly, the story had me so intrigued I would rather cheat and find out what happened than not, and I figured out what had happened and was kind of annoyed. That's the most simple example I have, there are more complex ones than just missing a hotspot, but I can't really think of any off the top of my head right now.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:00 PM   #27

Wow, I have the exact same problem as you. I'm 20 and was recently re-playing DOTT and got stuck a lot. I remember plowing through this game when I was in middle school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman85
Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys. I got my old copy of Kings Quest VII running. Is that pretty easy throughout?
I remember dying a lot in the other King's Quest games, but I believe most people found King's Quest VII (the cartoony one, right?) to be too easy. So I'm guessing it should be pretty easy throughout.

I think one of the easiest adventure game I've played is The Longest Journey (although you've probably played it already). I only got stuck once or twice in this game, towards the very end, and as I've established earlier I am pretty bad at adventure games.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:26 AM   #28

Loom is pretty simple and very beautiful.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:58 AM   #29
Staff Member

I recommend Loom. It comes with 3 difficulty levels, and is pretty short and easy but clever and artistic too.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:15 AM   #30
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

I wouldn't recommend The Dig. It's not particular easy, and it's a snorefest to boot.

Flight of the Amazon Queen (now freely downloadable from ScummVM) is one of the easiest VGA-era adventure games I can remember playing. It's not a particularly great example of the genre, but it's inoffensive and very easy.

Go for Full Throttle too. Great story, not too challenging, and short.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:36 AM   #31
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz
Flight of the Amazon Queen (now freely downloadable from ScummVM) is one of the easiest VGA-era adventure games I can remember playing. It's not a particularly great example of the genre, but it's inoffensive and very easy.

Yes, as long as you remember to pick up the cheese scraps before departing to the last area.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 06-05-2006, 05:35 AM   #32
Dread Pirate

The first two Broken Sword games are fairly easy, as is the first Syberia game. Loom is short and simple (unless you're tone deaf). King's Quest 7 is pleasant and pretty easy. Of those games mentioned, Broken Sword 1 is probably the best overall experience.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:50 AM   #33
Slim Shady

Try Road to El Dorado probably the easiest adventure game as it's made considering kids rather than adults