You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure I just finished sherlock holmes - the case of the silver earring

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2006, 08:54 AM   #1
Roman5

Default I just finished sherlock holmes - the case of the silver earring

I thought it was great fun, even the maze section. The stealth bit with the dog I managed the first part ok, but the second part I needed a walkthrough. Regarding the rest of the game, quiz questions often were wrong by just one answer.

Anyway, just wondering, did anyone here manage to answer all the optional questions correctly just before the long end movie and put together all the evidence they'd collected to know who killed who before holmes made his speech? I guessed sir bromsbys killer, but didn't bother with the rest of the questions, and call me thick, but with all the evidence I'd gathered, I still had no clue as to all the facts that holmes reeled off in the end, it seemed pretty complicated to me. Not that it matters that much to me, I enjoyed playing it anyway. I guess I don't really have a sleuths mind.

Old 04-30-2006, 01:08 PM   #2
Dungeon Master

My memory is hazy on the details, but I think answering all the questions from the optional quiz was impossible only from the clues revealed to the player.

Spoiler:
I remember predicting officer whatshisname is the main culprit very early on, but never quite figuring his servant's role in all of this until the end.

I also seem to remember there were no reasonable hints to link the story told by the theatre manager to the Sherlock's current case (except, of course, meta-reasoning, ie. "this is a murder mystery, so such a long side-story wouldn't have been put here without a good reason" )

Still, a great game, and (although I'd prefer to solve everything on my own) the fact that some important clues are revealed only in the closing cutscene didn't bother me much - it was very Holmesian.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:22 AM   #3
Roman5

Thanks AFGNCAAP, looks like you and me are the only gamers here who've played sherlock holmes silver earring.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:32 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Well, apart from these people too. Heh, another silver earring thread you started, Roman5, back when you first started playing it.