You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #21

Send a message via MSN to Snatcher42

Well all I can say is I'm playing this game now and enjoying it a lot. There is a lot of running around, but the place is beautiful (the demo doesn't do it justice), and the puzzles are fun. I like the hint system. I've never had to use it to outright solve a puzzle for me yet, but a few of the subtle nudges have pushed me in the right direction and prevented me from glancing at a walkthrough.

EDIT: Just got to the second level. I thought I was done with the game, but no - there's more! A lot by the looks of it. NICE.

Last edited by Snatcher42; 04-08-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:47 AM   #22
Vini, Vidi, vici

Well iwas one of the ones that re-posed the question about Starforce, I did the whole thread before, and most of the "what i starforce thread", but i still missed a bit about how to recognice starfoce on a computer and how one could now that a game doesn't include starforce if it doesn't tell you that it installs itself...

Ofcourse one is worried about Starforce since ones discovers that it is a very hot topic in the gaming world and that most people within said gaming world considers it evil...

other than that i'm reallylooking forward to receiving this game
Old 04-09-2006, 11:23 AM   #23
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax
Has anyone bought this game and care to give some information on it?

I've just completed the demo and I have to say this is one of the worst demo's I've ever played. Not just one of the worst AGs, one of the worst games period.

The Voice acting is some of the worst ever. the guy teaching you the interface (which, unless you're 5 years or under, you could figure out even if you've never played an point and click before) has the most irratating voice I've ever heard.... HELL, all the voices are attrocious. The Wolf doesn't sound like he was once a great dragon at all. Nothing ambigious about his voice at all. The rest sound like they've just heard and read their script for the first time.

The graphics are unoriginal, bland and the demo almost completely still. I know the place is supposed to be deserted, but a little more movement here and there would be terrific (Myst 4 should be taken as an example). The locations have terrible, dull colour patterns and the drawings look like something from a mid-ninties game.

The FMVs are the worst too. I imagine that these guys had possibly the smallest budget ever. half of it is just still pictures again with the most minuete of movements. It would've been better just to have told the story in complete ingame gameplay than waste the money on these FMVs.

The story doesnt' seem very motivating too. What a shambles of a game. This is the ultimate evidence as to why no one takes any notice of AGs anymore.
I've just bought a copy yesterday and I like it so far
TO BE CONTINUED
Old 04-09-2006, 02:03 PM   #24

I've been hoping for a Kyrandia-style game... is this it?
Old 04-09-2006, 02:51 PM   #25
Codger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera
I don't agree. All the puzzles I have encountered so far is pure logic puzzles
I'll try this again. Yes, the puzzles are intuitive in that you have a fairly good idea what needs to be done. But doing it is something else entirely. I probably used the wrong word.

For example, the gnome and ogre (or whatever it was called) in the demo reminded me very much of the spider puzzle in Shivers2 (as well as a few others.)

I have not bought the game. My preference is for inventory-based puzzles which, I grant can often be very non-intuitive. I don't know if Keepsake offers a mix of inventory and logic, or whether it is all logic. My guess is that it's the latter.

Which may make it most similar to Black Dahlia, which was, with only a few exceptions, logic puzzle from start to finish. I enjoyed BD because of the back story. I'm not sure Keepsake has one.

Some people love Soduku puzzles. (I'm not one of them.) Others love crossword. (I'm definitely one of those.) As few and far between as AGs are these days, it's hard to pass on one. But this isn't a game I think I would enjoy, so that's my choice.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:30 AM   #26
Vini, Vidi, vici

Default Keepsake (y)

Welll I just got my keepsake today... and after a few installation/loading problems it runs smoothly... and I think it is beatyful...

Love the atmosphere...

To my suprise though the gameplay from the Demo is not as it is in the game... or rather the bits in the demo is taken from odd places in the game itself...

Love the story, and so far is the only thing that really bugs me Mustavios voice...
Old 04-11-2006, 04:45 AM   #27

Default Keepsake end

Did anybody finish the game? I am wondering if using the hints in puzzles or during running (when you do not know where to go) has some effect on the end of the game. I mean if there is something like your rating or something, because I am trying to not use the hints so often and in the puzzles I am trying not to use them at all, but maybe I am loosing too much time with it.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:36 AM   #28
Vini, Vidi, vici

well... I just finished it... and really I don't think using hints or not alter anything, other than the time you spend playing the game...

Most of the puzzles i solved without any hint or only the first one to give me a clue as to where to start and what to do....

I also used the in-game hints to sometime point me to my next goal, since the order i wanted to do the things in didn't always match the games...
Old 04-11-2006, 06:49 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrooney
I'll try this again. Yes, the puzzles are intuitive in that you have a fairly good idea what needs to be done. But doing it is something else entirely. I probably used the wrong word.

For example, the gnome and ogre (or whatever it was called) in the demo reminded me very much of the spider puzzle in Shivers2 (as well as a few others.)

I have not bought the game. My preference is for inventory-based puzzles which, I grant can often be very non-intuitive. I don't know if Keepsake offers a mix of inventory and logic, or whether it is all logic. My guess is that it's the latter.

Which may make it most similar to Black Dahlia, which was, with only a few exceptions, logic puzzle from start to finish. I enjoyed BD because of the back story. I'm not sure Keepsake has one.

Some people love Soduku puzzles. (I'm not one of them.) Others love crossword. (I'm definitely one of those.) As few and far between as AGs are these days, it's hard to pass on one. But this isn't a game I think I would enjoy, so that's my choice.
There no inventory puzzles in Keepsake, so yep, I don't think that's a game for you.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:05 AM   #30
Adventure Game Researcher

Finally had time to try my UK copy of Keepsake, has some good points, nice graphics and some introduction of localized semi-motion elements, i.e. water areas, but over all stiff and rather limited game, voices are as others have noted, terrible and the voice acting very stfff, they tried to imitate April in LJ and failed totally so far as I can see, and the story lacks build up, you are dropped into it with little or no use of a back story intro of any kind, and really I just dont care that she cant find anyone, that is not a compelling story start, i will give it another few chances, but expect that I shall not finsih it, too bad, as there is indeed a strong market for good adventures but they need to take note of the changes in the potential tehcnical innovations and the new directions of gaming.......we will see, but so far, i am not impressed much.

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs
Old 04-16-2006, 07:00 AM   #31
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian IV
...they need to take note of the changes in the potential tehcnical innovations and the new directions of gaming.......
What a bizarre thing to say. Like most adventure developers, they worked within their financial means (and maybe beyond them) and came up with something competitive in an established niche market. Suggesting they take note of something that would have prevented them from ever starting the game in the first place doesn't make much sense to me.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:47 AM   #32
Explorer of the uncharted

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue
I've been hoping for a Kyrandia-style game... is this it?
No, more like Myst meets Harry Potter meets TLJ in 3d person.

I found the demo to be farly mediocore, but i'm willing to give it a try once I run out of games to play.