You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Sam and max 2 action game and stupid invaders 2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2003, 01:34 PM   #1
guybrush_guy

Default Sam and max 2 action game and stupid invaders 2

Do any of you guys remember that there was soposed to be a sam and max 2 action game? It was'nt going to be released bye Lucas Arts. Ionly saw one screen shot and it was a picture of sam, i think.
Then there's stupid invaders 2 what happend to that game? I saw an adventisment for it on game spot and then heard nothing about it after that

Old 12-20-2003, 02:18 PM   #2
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

The Sam & Max action game was an action/adventure actually, with a plot involving a trip to space and a nightclub alien named Slippy and some other stuff... It was being developed by the game studio Infinite Machine, which is a company formed from the original Jedi Knight 1 team, who quit LucasArts years ago. They went out of business when their first post-LEC game, "New Legends" sold poorly.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 12-21-2003, 12:16 AM   #3

I don't know the full story behind Xilam and Stupid Invaders 2, but appearantly it was scrapped (thank god). The only thing released was the logo and a picture of an alien from the first game (sitting on a toilet, of course), so I don't think they were far in developing the game.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:23 PM   #4
Umbilicus Mundi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
The Sam & Max action game was an action/adventure actually, with a plot involving a trip to space and a nightclub alien named Slippy and some other stuff...
Sam & Max 2 will also involve a trip to space, right? The concept art section of the site shows an international space station named Foobar.

Old 12-23-2003, 10:55 AM   #5
Disciplined Breakdown

Uh, wasn't it spelled FUBAR, it's not as funny if it wasn't.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:02 PM   #6
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

It is "foobar" . According to Mike Stemmle, the Foobar International Spacestation was cobbled together by the third rate countries of the world. Anyway, even though the LucasArts game and the cancelled Infinite Machine game both have parts in space, they're not based on the same stories or game design at all.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens