You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure DS Adventure games?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #1

Default DS Adventure games?

I'm sorry If I'm posting in the wrong spot, but was given a Nintendo DS for Christmas, and I was wondering if there were any adventure games for it?

I never been great at games where I have to twitch, but games where I can think my way through a puzzle are perfect.

Thanks!

-Ari
Old 01-08-2006, 06:24 PM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome to the forum.

I bought myself a DS for Christmas, so I'm just figuring out all the great stuff to do with it.

The two "pure" adventures that I know of are Trace Memory (called Another Code in Europe) and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I finished Trace Memory a few days ago and thoroughly enjoyed it... it's an excellent little game. Started Phoenix Wright last night and have not gone very far in it, but so far, so good.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:25 PM   #3
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Trace Memory (or Another Code) is one.

Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney is another.

Animal Crossing DS isn't an adventure, but has been getting a lot of praise for its non-competitive gameplay.

EDIT: Damn, fovily beat me. But in return she made a bad link! MUAHA!
Old 01-08-2006, 06:40 PM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjko
EDIT: Damn, fovily beat me. But in return she made a bad link! MUAHA!

I hope there will be more adventure games coming out on this platform, but I get the feeling I'm going to be playing more RPGs and Sims type games on it than adventures (which is fine, because I usually focus on adventures on my PC).
Old 01-08-2006, 09:28 PM   #5
SamNMax

Some might consider Lost in Blue an adventure.

Old 01-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #6
fov
Rattenmonster

Have you played that?

I saw it preowned the other day and almost bought it, but stopped myself because I haven't really heard anyone going on about it. Is it any good?
Old 01-09-2006, 01:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Have you played that?

I saw it preowned the other day and almost bought it, but stopped myself because I haven't really heard anyone going on about it. Is it any good?
I was greatly disappointed with Lost in Blue. It's mainly a simulation game where your only goal is to survive on an island together with an incredibly stupid girl. You create tools, collect stuff to eat and hunt different animals. But most of all you listen to the girl whining about being thirsty or hungry and she is totally incapable of getting food or water for herself. I played the game for three or four hours but never even found fragments of a story. All I felt was frustration over the fact that I rarely had time to do anything else than gathering food and water to keep the main character and the girl alive.

I also bought Trauma Center: Under the Knife since I had the impression that it was a storydriven game in a hospital environment. Seems to be more or less a pure simulation game though and I don't think I will finish that one either.

Now I'm waiting for the Resident Evil game for the DS and hoping for an english version of the next Phoenix Wright game.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:12 AM   #8
Ankh Morporkian

I played Another Code (Trace Memory) wasn't too bad - not worth buying full retail price though - there's no replay value and it's a short game; though, it's pretty good in parts. Some fun and clever puzzles and thingies to do are in there, but they're all too fleeting. But any semblance of the mature themed adventure that it should have been (considering the story-line and further text/dialogue that could have been) was I guess squashed to be good for the kiddies.

Everything I've read about Lost in Blue tells me its worth a play for a bit on a friends one, but not worth the purchase.

There's FF IV and maybe V i think. Nice.

I just ordered Phoenix Wright (english version - definately available; but from all reports it's a bit rare for some reason.) Im in Melbourne, Australia and it's nowhere to be found (maybe not released here - shrug) so I just Ebayed it for a bit less that normal retail price. Looking forward to it...

BLESS THE D.S FOR BEING REGION FREE!
Old 01-11-2006, 02:33 AM   #9
Epinionated.

Lost In Blue, incredibly annoying game. Don't do it, fov!
Old 01-11-2006, 08:13 AM   #10
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by seek83
There's FF IV and maybe V i think. Nice.
I got FF I & II for the GBA (both games are available on one cartridge.) I think FFVI is also available for the GBA.

I'd love to see a Final Fantasy game ported to the DS...

And I don't think I'll play Lost in Blue. I've heard a lot of complaints about it.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:35 AM   #11
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Actually Final Fantasy III is coming soon for the DS.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:28 AM   #12
fov
Rattenmonster

I started a little bit of FF1 and I think I'll enjoy it, but I'd love to see one of the later games ported over. FF8 is one of my favorite games ever and I'd buy that for the DS in a heartbeat, but I've also been unable to play the games after that because they never came to PC. I don't know if they're too technologically advanced to fit on a DS cartridge, but a girl can dream.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:30 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Actually Final Fantasy III is coming soon for the DS.
Is that the FF III / VI version?

I have Another Code for DS, but I don't have a DS
Old 01-11-2006, 09:31 AM   #14
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joran

I have Another Code for DS, but I don't have a DS
How did that happen?
Old 01-11-2006, 09:35 AM   #15

Oh, something about my brother having it, and wanting me to sell it for him, ending up buying it from him real cheap and wanting a DS for christmas, but forgetting to tell santa.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #16
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joran
No, it's the real FF3.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:16 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
I started a little bit of FF1 and I think I'll enjoy it, but I'd love to see one of the later games ported over. FF8 is one of my favorite games ever and I'd buy that for the DS in a heartbeat, but I've also been unable to play the games after that because they never came to PC. I don't know if they're too technologically advanced to fit on a DS cartridge, but a girl can dream.
Me neither but I would love a portable FF7. Namco are doing a cutdown version of Xenosaga to DS so you never know, it might be possible to port the PlayStation Final Fantasy games across. Might just me being hopeful though.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:41 AM   #18

Damn. I love FF6
Old 01-24-2006, 12:59 PM   #19

Default Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright is on the DS, and it's probably one of the best adventure games I've ever played - no joke.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:39 PM   #20
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome to the forum, Lobotomy.

Out of curiosity, where did you buy Phoenix Wright? A lot of people have been having trouble finding it.