You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2005, 06:38 AM   #1
Shady AGP

Send a message via AIM to Wreck
Default Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday

www.josephgoss.com
Old 12-27-2005, 06:45 AM   #2
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I remember loathing the art style of Curse when I first saw it, but it's grown on me. A very fun game, if not as good as the second one.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 12-27-2005, 10:40 AM   #3
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
I remember loathing the art style of Curse when I first saw it, but it's grown on me. A very fun game, if not as good as the second one.
Oh man, I can't even remember what I thought of the art style. I just thought it was an amazing leap from MI2 - I had only just got a PC and so the most recent adventure I had played was Indy4 on the Amiga - and it looked just like an interactive cartoon!

The Curse of Monkey Island running on an Xbox with ScummVM is a sight to behold, by the way. With the reduced definition of the TV screen, it really does look EXACTLY like an animated series!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:26 PM   #4
Tell me This is It

Send a message via AIM to Terabin

It came out later on the X-Box version, am I right? The X-Box wasn't around in 1997 as far as I can remember.

Loved Monkey Island 3. Though maybe not the best MI game, it was the game that made me laugh out loud the most.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:42 PM   #5
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terabin
It came out later on the X-Box version, am I right? The X-Box wasn't around in 1997 as far as I can remember.
I don't know if the XBox version ever existed, but Huz was talking about PC version played on XBox via ScummVM emulator, I think.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:46 PM   #6
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

Really enjoyed this game, actually played CMI before Monkey Island 1&2, I started playing MI1 before CMI but i completed CMI before MI1 & MI2..I think the artstyle is perfect for the game!
Old 12-27-2005, 01:04 PM   #7
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz
Oh man, I can't even remember what I thought of the art style. I just thought it was an amazing leap from MI2 - I had only just got a PC and so the most recent adventure I had played was Indy4 on the Amiga - and it looked just like an interactive cartoon!

The Curse of Monkey Island running on an Xbox with ScummVM is a sight to behold, by the way. With the reduced definition of the TV screen, it really does look EXACTLY like an animated series!
This is maybe showing that I was young when I played LeChuck's Revenge, but I had never seen it as at all cartoon-like, and so was shocked by the loss of the more serious-looking artistic style .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 12-27-2005, 01:12 PM   #8
Homer of Kittens

Awesome game, except that the beginning was a huge bummer, especially after I had waited so long to find out what the ending of MI 2 really meant.

Firefox rules
Old 12-27-2005, 02:32 PM   #9

Haha! What a game. I think that was possibly the first adventure game I ever played...I'm not sure.

I do remember I played it through so many times that I knew the vast majority of the words...I loved that game.