You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Dreamfall Soundtrack Samples

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2005, 07:59 AM   #1
Whacha lookin @ ?

Default Dreamfall Soundtrack Samples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamfall.com
New Music
25 November, 2005
We have two great examples of the games soundtrack for you as we present two music tracks from Leon Willet, Dreamfall's talented composer.

Dreamfall Music Preview mp3
The Underground Cave mp3

In "The Underground Cave" the music plays a fundamental role in the gamplay for that location, where players must absorb a musical message in order to progress through the story. In the "Dreamfall Music Preview" we take a glimpse at some of the underscore moments in the game, including the Casablanca theme, which opens and closes this collection of excerpts.
Dreamfall Music Preview mp3
The Underground Cave mp3

Last edited by Amockix; 11-25-2005 at 08:06 AM.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:55 AM   #2

Wow!

Thanks for the link...
Old 11-25-2005, 10:16 AM   #3

Thanks for posting.

Sounds good so far. It's kind of hard to tell, though, as it is only when you're actually playing the game you can judge on how well the score fits the atmosphere.

They both sound very dramatic, though.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:25 AM   #4
Staff Member

I'm not going to listen to them; I'm trying to shut my ears off to any Dreamfall tidbits because I want to experience it in full. I've made the mistake of knowing too many details before a game is released too often before.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:56 PM   #5
merely human

Thanks, Amockix. Listening to them now.

Very pretty; I always go for orchestral game soundtracks. The first one sounds like the overture. The second exudes curiosity swathed by menace. Not bad.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-25-2005, 03:57 PM   #6
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

These will be good if they're designed to fit with cutscenes; some parts of the music sound like they'd intrude on the gameplay by being too loud otherwise.

I'm a sucker for sweeping orchestral tracks .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-25-2005, 06:22 PM   #7
Grah! Grah!

Sounds like generic John Williams wannabe #385. Hopefully the rest of the score will be a bit more interesting; the music in TLJ really set it apart.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:41 PM   #8
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Cool, Stargate is on! Oh wait, it's coming from my computer.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:44 AM   #9
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkface
Sounds like generic John Williams wannabe #385. Hopefully the rest of the score will be a bit more interesting; the music in TLJ really set it apart.
You know John Williams doesn't actually arrange his own music, don't you? So this orchestral style isn't exactly his...

Old 11-26-2005, 11:12 AM   #10
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I really wish they find a place to fit the piece by Bach in.

Pipe Organ rules!

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 11-26-2005, 11:15 AM   #11
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
I really wish they find a place to fit the piece by Bach in.

Pipe Organ rules!

-
The piece of Bach? The guy was positively prolific!

And yes, the pipe organ is a majestic instrument. But very difficult to play well.

Old 11-26-2005, 11:49 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
The piece of Bach? The guy was positively prolific!

And yes, the pipe organ is a majestic instrument. But very difficult to play well.
Prolific? Do you mean his pieces (of course he produced a lot. He had to arrange the music for every Mass in his church, for each Sunday! That's not counting special occasions, of course).

Or are you referring to the fact that he had enough children to start his own soccer team, and still have some left for playing a round of poker with them (My guess he had so many children so that they would help him copying the music for the Mass on time).

Anyway, I was referring to the piece that they did not include in the first game, and that is found in the Book of Secrets instead (you can also download it on the website).

-

Old 11-26-2005, 11:56 AM   #13
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Quote:
Prolific? Do you mean his pieces (of course he produced a lot. He had to arrange the music for every Mass in his church, for each Sunday! That's not counting special occasions, of course).

Or are you referring to the fact that he had enough children to start his own soccer team, and still have some left for playing a round of poker with them (My guess he had so many children so that they would help him copying the music for the Mass on time).
You will not beat me in a knowing-the-life-history-of-Bach competition. I hope. Sooner or later I shall win, you know that?!

Quote:
Anyway, I was referring to the piece that they did not include in the first game, and that is found in the Book of Secrets instead (you can also download it on the website).

-
Aah, OK. I assume you're referring to the C Minor Prelude. This recording is synthesised rather than live, right? Impressive, though there are pieces I prefer (and not just because there are pieces that I can play) .

Old 11-26-2005, 12:39 PM   #14
Elder

Send a message via MSN to RaMa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkface
It's true that this style really sounds like John Williams, but that's not a bad thing in my opinion. Not at all, in fact. I really like his work and Leon Willet does a very good job using this music as inspiration and making it fit in Dreamfall. At least, that's what I can tell from what I've heard and read of course. I even made a little flash movie with one of the previous music clips and the Dreamfall screens froum the scene for which that music was written and it really worked.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:57 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Aah, OK. I assume you're referring to the C Minor Prelude. This recording is synthesised rather than live, right? Impressive, though there are pieces I prefer (and not just because there are pieces that I can play) .

Well, it sounds real enough to me. I thought it was really played on the organ. I wondered how they got their hands on the organ, but who am I to know?

-

Old 11-27-2005, 04:21 AM   #16
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Quote:
Well, it sounds real enough to me. I thought it was really played on the organ. I wondered how they got their hands on the organ, but who am I to know?

-
I suspect it's synthesised, if only because it seems a little too precise (even for an organist). If they had wanted to record it live, though, I suspect they would have hired out a church .