You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure Game Movies

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2005, 05:46 PM   #21
Rogue Agent

Hmm, I suppose any of the MI series would work. I think that KQ2+ by AGDI would be perfect for a movie. Freddy Pharkus is also one that I think would make for an interesting/good movie.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:39 PM   #22
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
I think Still Life and Post Mortem would make great thrillers, as would In Memoriam.
Dark Fall : The Journal would make a very creepy horror movie, and The Moment of Silence would be a pretty good conspiracy thriller

Also, Grim Fandango, I think could be a runaway hit, very similar to The Nightmare Before Christmas or The Corpse Bride

Yeah GF probably wouldnt work if it wasnt done in the style of those little mexican figurines that the game was aiming for.

you know when i see the adverts for the corpse bride i just cant stop thinking about Blood Island
Old 11-22-2005, 10:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurous One
Freddy Pharkus is also one that I think would make for an interesting/good movie.
good call. i'd probably own that movie..
Old 11-23-2005, 12:17 AM   #24

I think Grim Fandango would make a good broadway play. Just think of how good the scene where he inherits the buss boy job and parleys it into a huge gambling hall.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:21 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
Oh it was true allright, its just called Pirates of the Carribean

Im gonna predict that the second movie(or should i say second AND third ) plot will go something like this:

Jack sparrow comes to will turner cause he needs help finding a treasure wich he need to us to save his life from Barbosa who after being resurrected is out to get revenge on him, he needs to find 4 map peices and figure out where this legendery treasure is before its too late! Meanwhile Will is in search of elizabeth who happened to just dissapear one night without a trace. The search will take them all over the carribean where they will learn more about the holders of the 4 maps pieces, one of them being Will turners grandad

or something along those lines
I have to see this movie

By the way I think Gabriel Knight would make a great TV series. Provided, of course, that good writers and directors will take care of every single episode
Old 11-23-2005, 12:28 PM   #26
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Well how many adventure games were ACTUALLY made into movies, so you guys can't wedge adventure games into the FPS genre or whatever. The only problem is that FPS or whatever, don't have a solid enough script like adventure games do.

A monkey island movie probably would be called a Pirates of the Caribean rip off. Although a monkey island movie would be interesting. Although I'd like to see Space Quest made into a movie (series).

Then again, THE DIG would make a fantastic movie, so I hope Steven Spielberg will pick up on that.

Then again, fans could make their own movies, Its been done with MAX PAIN, BATMAN, and many other games.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 11-23-2005, 02:12 PM   #27

I think Zork Nemesis would make a great movie...
Old 11-23-2005, 02:24 PM   #28
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

I'd love to see Space Quest 5 as a movie, preferably with Brendan Fraser as Roger.

Gabriel Knight would make a great premise for a TV series (Gabe and Grace as Schattenjager supernatural investigators), but most of the ground it would cover has already been done by X-Files and Buffy and whatnot.

And, IIRC, The Dig actually did start out as a movie idea, but was made into a game because the movie-making technology needed just wasn't there at the time.

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."

Last edited by Jeysie; 11-23-2005 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:29 PM   #29
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
And, IIRC, The Dig actually did start out as a movie idea, but was made into a game because the movie-making technology needed just wasn't there at the time.

Peace & Luv, Liz
Yep, I know, thats why I said that Steven should pick it up and make a movie.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 11-23-2005, 04:42 PM   #30

I would want a Tex Murphy movie.

Or perhaps a Shadow of the Comet/Prisoner of Ice double feature.

Oh. How could I forget Sanitarium?
Old 11-23-2005, 04:57 PM   #31
Staff Member

Just to set the record straight; MI wasn't based on the ride, seeing the ride just gave Ron the idea of making a pirate themed game. I don't think a MI movie would get called a POTC rip-off, any more than POTC gets called a Treasure Island rip-off. MI's humorous slant and cartoon visuals make it a unique spin on the pirate genre.

Yes, I do think Tim Burton would make a good Grim Fandango movie. He's one of the few people I would trust to do it properly. Schafer and Burton would be a great collaboration on anything.