You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Shops that take PayPal?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2005, 08:41 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to fishcube
Default Shops that take PayPal?

and sell adventure PC games?

I'm looking for shops online that take paypal and have adventure games for sale?
Starting soon: Barrow Hill, Scratches
Future or restarts: TMOS, Echo, The Last Express, Broken Sword-Dragon, RTMI, Myst/Riven/Exile, Nancy Drew Crystal Skull
Finished: StillLife, Nibiru, Syberia I&II, TLJ, Black Mirror, Sanitarium, Runaway.
For trade: Schizm
---
Looking at getting a Raon Everun Note or Wibrain i1
--
HP dv9500t
Old 10-18-2005, 11:12 AM   #2
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

You could sleep with the enemy I suppose. I can't think of anywhere else off-hand, though (aside from Ebay)...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-18-2005, 08:01 PM   #3

link doesn't work?
Old 10-18-2005, 09:18 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

You can use Paypal almost anywhere online that takes a major credit card. Many people don't seem to know about this. Follow these instructions:

Go to the "My Account" tab after logging in to the Paypal site. Click on Withdraw (look at the links underneath this tab). Click on "Shop online with a PayPal virtual card." Type in the site you want to use Paypal at (or pick a random one from the list; I don't think it matters). Then Paypal will give you a virtual credit card number to use.

It's free and easy (I've done it plenty of times). It deducts money straight from your Paypal balance, but acts as a credit card so that it works for most sites.

Last edited by Legolas813; 10-18-2005 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:23 PM   #5
OB

Telltale Games accepts Paypal. That's how I got Bone.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:30 AM   #6
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcube
and sell adventure PC games?

I'm looking for shops online that take paypal and have adventure games for sale?
www.interactcd.com takes PayPal and sells the games you're looking for: Voyage, Echo and Moment of Silence
Old 10-20-2005, 03:12 PM   #7

I tried my real paypal debit card at ebgames ,but had to cancel my order since the address didn't match. I wanted it shipped fast, so used our street address for UPS. But, our paypal is under our P.O. box address and they didn't match so they wouldn't accept the order.

The paypal debit goes through our credit card, that uses our P.O. Box address, but they also have our street address on file, but for some reason it still didn't work.

I'm going to contact paypal directly and see if another address can be added.

Thanks for the info about going through their website to order. But, not sure it will work with our street address etc.

also thx for the other links posted. Will check them out.

I ended up using a regular credit card that has both addresses on file to order Echo, Moment of Silence and Broken Sword Dragon from ebgames. Got them today in fact. I was dissappointed to find out that you have to use keyboard with Broken sword...isn't this the latest game? why didn't they use mouse? I see on the package it says keyboard and mouse, but where does one use the mouse?
Starting soon: Barrow Hill, Scratches
Future or restarts: TMOS, Echo, The Last Express, Broken Sword-Dragon, RTMI, Myst/Riven/Exile, Nancy Drew Crystal Skull
Finished: StillLife, Nibiru, Syberia I&II, TLJ, Black Mirror, Sanitarium, Runaway.
For trade: Schizm
---
Looking at getting a Raon Everun Note or Wibrain i1
--
HP dv9500t
Old 10-20-2005, 03:21 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

There should be no problem using the Paypal Virtual Card. When you place your order, use the address it lists next to the card number, as your billing address. When it asks for your shipping address, put the address you want it to go to. Your shipping address does not have to be the same as your billing address.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:39 PM   #9

GoGamer accepts paypal, but they do require the shipping address to be a confirmed address which doesn't work well for me.