You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Hilarious Uru bugs: spoiler warning

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2003, 09:57 AM   #1
I'm really Cookin'

Default Hilarious Uru bugs: spoiler warning

I've finished the Cleft area plus the Mushroom land (Teledahn), and I'm in the black security building now (Gahreesen). I have had two of the funniest visual bugs I've ever seen in a game crop up so far (must be all those mushrooms in Teledahn). Has anybody else had these? They both remind me of the infamous Tomb Raider bugs that people used to exploit to get Lara into areas of the game she wasn't meant to reach. I haven't patched Uru, but otherwise it runs flawlessly and is quite gorgeous.

Spoiler:
Okay, in the black security building, up on the ledge where the second journey cloth is, I aligned the view in front of the cloth and clicked on it to touch it (I'm playing the game in the 1st person). The cut scene of course went into the 3rd person, where my character promptly fell off the ledge, and then literally floated back up through the air and onto the ledge again, where she then pressed the journey cloth!

In mushroom land, I had accidentally lined up one of the buckets on the rail (that goes up and into the mountainside building) up and to the right of the ramp area where I was standing, but I figured, what the heck, I'll try and get into the bucket anyway. I could click on the bucket that was over to the right a bit, but then my character went into the 3rd person, climbed up on the guardrail and over it, and literally disappeared as if inside the bucket even though she was not in the bucket but had disappeared off to the left of it! I clicked around a few times into the empty space, and she climbed out of the blankness again and back onto the ramp, but I made sure to move the buckets so that one was lined up better before I tried it again... That looked pretty crazy.