You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Adventure Shop Flickering with Whispered World

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2010, 12:45 PM   #1

Angry Flickering with Whispered World

Posted this at the Daedalic forum almost amonth ago without any reply.

Basically, right when starting the game, I get flickering lines across the screen, bad enough that it makes the game unplayable.

Since I actually bought the game here I figured I should as for support here too before I ask for a refund.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:25 AM   #2
Adventure Shop

Hello Allan47,

Thank you for posting here.

First of all, could you please confirm that your drivers are all up to date (Direct X, Nvidia, etc...).

Thanks
Old 10-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #3

This is a widely known issue with downloaded versions of the game. Apparently the issue is with the additional copy protection that Adventure Shop and other download services add to the software. I emailed support about this yesterday after finding out this was the issue, because Daedalic states that there is nothing they can do about it and that you have to contact support for the place you downloaded it from. I highly doubt Adventure Shop isn't aware of the issue, and it upsets me they're still selling the game with such a major known issue with the software conflict. Just google "Whispered World stuttering" and see how many hits on how many forums you get. Ridiculous.

From the Daedalic forum:

http://forum.daedalic.de/viewtopic.p...5a1f32aa6c7e76