You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure This movie reminds me of an adventure game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #1

Default This movie reminds me of an adventure game

A few months ago I happened upon a movie titled "The Lady in the Lake".

It was your typical black and white film noir detective story. However one thing caught my eye. The entire movie was shot in first person ! The only time you saw the star of the movie was when he looked in a mirror.

It was like watching an adventure game. Anyway I thought this group of people here might like it. The movie itself is NOT a cinema classic but I enjoyed the effect of first person.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:00 PM   #2

I've seen that movie and you are right. It really is good. However the first person view in movies doesn't always work. Take Doom for example. Alot of the movie was shot in first person and it crapped out.

"Bring back the Sacred Diamond of the Old Sage of the Mountain and he will give you the magic talisman. Oh man. What am I in a video game?" - Tyler Miles
Old 03-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to therabidfrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
I've seen that movie and you are right. It really is good. However the first person view in movies doesn't always work. Take Doom for example. Alot of the movie was shot in first person and it crapped out.
Well Doom crapped out because it was a big silly movie, but the first person part was awesome. I enjoyed it. Even got it on DVD. It has then remained next to my copy of Commando.

"There be knockers down here..." - T.G. 1884

My review of The Path
Old 03-17-2009, 05:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
Not really , only one small portion of it was shot in first person in tribute to the game and it was great actually. The movie was so-so i thought but the POV segment was fun. If they had done the entire movie in POV and do it in 3D , it would have been great.

POV segment of doom movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84qPafzJaig
Old 03-17-2009, 08:17 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to therabidfrog

I should netflix this movie. I love film noir, but on the other hand it wasn't well received and is largely considered a gimmick film.

"There be knockers down here..." - T.G. 1884

My review of The Path
Old 03-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
Stalker of Britain

Hey guys. I think it's interesting that a movie was filmed like that, like in adventure games.

Try to keep the conversation around adventure games, though. If you'd rather talk about how movies simulate adventure games, like Doom, you can, but I'll move it over to the Chit-Chat Thread.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 03-18-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:28 AM   #7
aye, aye!

That sounds so interesting! I need to check it out