You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure the name of this udder sucker eludes me

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2008, 06:46 PM   #1

Default the name of this udder sucker eludes me

way back when (8 or 9 or 10 years ago) I remember seeing a game promo off a shareware disc, Game Pak 5 or something near it. it had like 30 demos, including Captain Claw Zyclunt and Santa Slayer. well, off it I remember this one trailer for an adventure game that boasted all this new ground-breaking stuff like expansive locals and mind-bending puzzles and all this different sort of stuff. here's some things I remember (vaguely! and I'm not even kidding about that) from it:

a mechanical claw grabbing at something? a plant? Turning some gears to complete a puzzle? was there a waterfall involved in all this?
It (the camera) sped through all this exotic terrain (an abandoned dirt road, some dunes, a tropical rainforest etc) and... details are a bit scarce at the moment...

as far as I could tell, it was in first person. um, and I don't remember any character interaction in the trailer... BUT come to think of it, there might have been some live combat because I think I remember you taking damage.

there was a wrecked jeep I believe... helpful I know..........

the one thing that stuck with me all these years was the music that accompanied it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-WU94oWlkV8&feature=related it actually went beautifully with the trailer and I had no idea how to track down the artist until I heard it on Trainspotting at like 3:00am a week or so ago...

Any ideas?

Last edited by Dick Winslow; 06-05-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:27 AM   #2
Dungeon Master

The details don't quite match (in particular, no jeep anywhere, and the music is different), but I can't help thinking that you are describing the Myst III: Exile trailer.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:11 AM   #3
Super Moderator

The other game that came to mind (but I couldn't find a trailer anywhere) was Timelapse. It came out in 1996.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:18 AM   #4

I know this one because from what you describe as well as the music as i have seen that trailer before. I remember it well because of the catchy music. The game is called "Maabus"

Maabus trailer
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xaNCAUtwxKQ

Last edited by marshal99; 06-06-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #5

HA HAHAHHHAHAHAHA

Oh my god thats funny.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:22 PM   #6

you guys work fast. It's definitely Maabus. I love how all any of us remembers from this game is a piece of music used in some trailer. I do remember the tall blue freak who flicks lightning at you, I think that's who I had in mind when I said it had combat in it. Where did it all go wrong? because if you check out the walkthrough on gamefaqs, this giant earth-shatteringly complex experience that's had thousands of man hours poured into it... is over in like a paragraph. How humiliating!

"710 Hours of music selections" this has to be a flat out lie. I notice they left off that hideous interface too. shameless bastiges. according to the comments the game just reeks. i'll probably scoop it up from amazon just because it‘s dirt cheap. thanks guys for the speedy replies!

Game Empire, that's what it was called! the cd I spoke of in the OP.

Last edited by Dick Winslow; 06-06-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:33 AM   #7

I want that game!
Old 06-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #8

"Imagine exploring detailed 3D worlds where every turn could mean certain death!"

I should invite these guys down my neighbourhood.