You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Pathologic (PC Horror Adventure Game)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2006, 11:16 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman

Hi,

Pathologic a new PC Horror Adventure game making its way to our PCs soon. It surely looks promising check the screenshots here http://www.adventurearchiv.de/p/path...reenshots3.htm

Official Site here http://www.pathologic-game.com/eng_index.htm

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 05-14-2006 at 03:43 AM.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:12 PM   #2
Dungeon Master

I take it you've seen the preview and know about the demo (also check out this thread)?
Old 05-14-2006, 01:49 PM   #3

My m8 went on holiday to germany and picked up a copy of this.However its all in german.Any way of changing the language as i only done french at school lol
Old 05-14-2006, 01:51 PM   #4
I've come for the fork!

game looks interesting.. going to download the demo now. I checked the official site and didn't see - any news on an English release?
Old 05-14-2006, 02:00 PM   #5

lol i was gunna ask same thing.I got the german release but i dont speak german lol
Old 05-14-2006, 02:02 PM   #6
I've come for the fork!

yeah there was a post on the official site that said "English version of the game is complete" but it was posted November 20th! and there's no news of a release.
bummer.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:04 PM   #7
Hopeful skeptic

It was supposed to be out late March, but then it never seemed to happen. Here's hoping the feedback about the desperate need for improved localization is what's causing the delay.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:24 PM   #8
I've come for the fork!

Yeah I just fiddled around with the demo a little bit. The dialogue is kinda iffy. It would be nice to see a proper translation.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:35 PM   #9
Roman5

Horrible game.

Old 05-14-2006, 07:28 PM   #10

Roman5, can you go into detail about what you found horrible? Like the story or the gameplay or the characters, that sort of thing. I'm just curious because I haven't played it though it looks pretty cool.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:47 PM   #11
is not wierd

Where's avatar_58? It's awfully quiet round here...
Old 05-15-2006, 06:11 AM   #12
Roman5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGreenArt
Roman5, can you go into detail about what you found horrible? Like the story or the gameplay or the characters, that sort of thing. I'm just curious because I haven't played it though it looks pretty cool.
Well it's probably unfair of me to just say horrible game considering I only
wandered around for a bit. But you can read my little review here.
http://forums.adventuregamers.com/sh...t=14134&page=2

I really don't think I could be bothered with it with all the other games around which appeal to me more. Apart from dated graphics, it was all gloomy and dull.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:02 AM   #13
Staff Member

I posted a long post earlier about this taking the piss out of the poor localisation of the press release; not even the game, but the press release. It was a horrible experience. So I'm glad they've taken the time to rethink it.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #14
LA-S-LE

Roman5
Quote:
Well it's probably unfair of me to just say horrible game considering I only wandered around for a bit.
It IS unfair. Pathologic is not a game you get used to after five minutes of playing.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:40 AM   #15
Dungeon Master

Good news: the English release, at least in the UK, seems to really be just around the corner, as Eurogamer not only posted a review, but also explicitly states the price.

The game, as could have been expected (from the demo and the previews) defies being categorized as simply "good" or "bad".

Quote:
Pathologic looks terrible. It's a Russian game from 2005, looking like it's from 2000 at the best. But I love how it looks. The FPS controls are awkward, the side-step idiotically slow... like, er, stepping sideways is. Traipsing around the medium-sized city is slow and frequently dull. But there's a reason for that dull journey, and I keep walking. The translation is often extremely poor, descending into unintelligible gibberish. But it contains some of the best writing I've ever seen in a game. Following the plot is often impossible. It's the most interesting and deeply clever plot in years. My poor little head.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman5
Horrible game.
second that.

waited and watched screenshots until demo was released, then it didnt work, needed new video card. Got this working then. And It sucked.
Sry. Not real adventure game ,this mixup isnt cool.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:42 AM   #17

I bought this hopin to play on me laptop.Big mistake wouldnt work graphics card not good enough wont even start Message comes up about no renderer found.Anyway luckily i got a desktop which plays it so im ok lol
Old 08-31-2006, 05:13 AM   #18

Received the game from play.com exactly a week ago. It works fine on my pc, unfortunately I didn't have time to play it more than a couple of hours last weekend.

Pathologic looks intriguing so far, but it is definitely NOT an adventure game (the manual on the cd's defines the game as a "Simulation").
Old 08-31-2006, 05:59 AM   #19
Hopeful skeptic

The in-game experience is a "simulation" in which the playable characters are taking part. Calling it that has nothing to do with what genre the game itself belongs to.

Attempting to classify Pathologic is completely futile. It's as much adventure as simulation, as much RPG as Survival Horror.